• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Stanadyne DB2 Injector Pump bulletin

papakb

I clicked on the link Suzucovich posted and had no trouble downloading the file on the Stanadyne pumps. It comes from a site called linksharing.samsungcloud.com. It's the most comprehensive listing I've ever seen on these IPs and they mention "supersession" a couple of times in the pdf. It's not a term I've seen before and I wondered if anyone knew what it means in relation to the IPs.

Here's a copy of the first paragraph of the file:

The pump models, applications and supersession information for General Motors
(GM) 6.2L & 6.5L engines from 1982 to 2000 and General Engine Products (GEP)
6.5L engines from 2000 to present are identified in this bulletin. If a pump model
listed does not display any supersession information, it is considered the latest
pump model for that application

Last edited:

suzukovich

I clicked on the link Suzucovich posted and had no trouble downloading the file on the Stanadyne pumps. It comes from a site called linksharing.samsungcloud.com. It's the most comprehensive listing I've ever seen on these IPs and they mention "supersession" a couple of times in the pdf. It's not a term I've seen before and I wondered if anyone knew what it means in relation to the IPs.

Here's a copy of the first paragraph of the file:

The pump models, applications and supersession information for General Motors
(GM) 6.2L & 6.5L engines from 1982 to 2000 and General Engine Products (GEP)
6.5L engines from 2000 to present are identified in this bulletin. If a pump model
listed does not display any supersession information, it is considered the latest
pump model for that application
3&4 TM list only 4 pump models by NSN one for the early 6.2. and can only be used on the 6.2. Then different NSN for IP for later 6.2 1990 and later. Which also can be used on the NA 6.5. Then you have the IP pump for the 6.5T GM,and 6.5T GEP. The NA 6.5 GEP had a separate NSN and was marked Detuned. So it probably means some of the other model pumps can only be used on those engines. Like I said the pump I have on mine is the same on the FMTV Cat engine thats Tubocharged. And is an authorized substitution.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

snowtrac nome

3&4 TM list only 4 pump models by NSN one for the early 6.2. and can only be used on the 6.2. Then different NSN for IP for later 6.2 1990 and later. Which also can be used on the NA 6.5. Then you have the IP pump for the 6.5T GM,and 6.5T GEP. The NA 6.5 GEP had a separate NSN and was marked Detuned. So it probably means some of the other model pumps can only be used on those engines. Like I said the pump I have on mine is the same on the FMTV Cat engine thats Tubocharged. And is an authorized substitution.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
Am I reading something wrong how can you make the cat pump from a 3116 or a 3126 work on a v8 gm diesel the operation of the fuel systems is totally different.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice list.
Here's some updated info :
DB2831-5079 is 6.5 turbo,...new # 6282
DB2831-5209 is 6.5 De-tuned,...new # 6278
DB2831-5149 is 6.5 NA , ...new # 6277

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Supersession > Fancy word for replaces, supersedes, new and improved. Person, product, process, etc. Hmmwv A1 to A2.

From flip phone to IPhone to...

Beam me up, Scotty.

CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks