• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hyster 4000 lb forklift, gas or LPG, any info on model, weight, etc.?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
00q0q_jIemk2E5J0B_600x450.jpgI am told this is an ex-military forklift. I am considering buying it, but have to travel to look at it. I am wondering about transport weight and other issues. Anyone know anything about these? See the picture

Last edited:

quickfarms

It looks like a civilian unit with a cab and lifting points added.

Typically a forklift weighs about twice the lifting capacity.

The mast on this one looks short.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For others info, I understand this is a Hyster Model H40XM and weights just under 9000 lb. I will be buying this and it appears it is an ex-military unit, so will try to post more info on it later.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Air Force uses a bunch just like it. Do you have plenty of paved or very compacted hard surface to run on? I bought an old clark lift years ago, and while handy, if I got 1in off the hard packed stone of my driveway I was stuck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Air Force uses a bunch just like it. Do you have plenty of paved or very compacted hard surface to run on? I bought an old clark lift years ago, and while handy, if I got 1in off the hard packed stone of my driveway I was stuck.
Even on the hard surface in the impound lot mine gets stuck if you're not extremely careful.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a very fine unit. The Hyster website has a serial number decoder for year built, engine, options, etc. These sell for full retail value when they come up on GL, I have yet to find a bargain to replace my Cat V40B.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You Sir shall pay dearly for that!! I'm gonna sue the site cause you made a "fat PB" joke!! Don't say you didn't mean that either!!:tinkerbell:
Ummm no. You were in the drivers seat. I was hanging like a monkey on the tail of it remember?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These sell for full retail value when they come up on GL, I have yet to find a bargain to replace my Cat V40B.
5,000lb and under solid tire forklifts go for scrap price around here. I'm talking about forklifts with nothing wrong and ready to go to work. High hrs though.

I had two 10,000 lb Hysters I sold to a guy for scrap price just because I'd rather see somebody get some use out of them rather than melted down.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5,000lb and under solid tire forklifts go for scrap price around here. I'm talking about forklifts with nothing wrong and ready to go to work. High hrs though.

I had two 10,000 lb Hysters I sold to a guy for scrap price just because I'd rather see somebody get some use out of them rather than melted down.
Wow. Here in TX, if equipment runs, it is working, and not selling for scrap. The oilpatch is alive and well here.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. Here in TX, if equipment runs, it is working, and not selling for scrap. The oilpatch is alive and well here.
Maybe I should load up a load and head your way.

A couple of years ago we scrapped 5 1998 running Toyota 5K forklifts for a local factory. I tried to sell them first because the owner was going to let me have anything I could get over scrap price. I tried but nobody wanted them. They would all start with a boost. They were high hr machines though as most factory forklifts are.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For others info, I understand this is a Hyster Model H40XM and weights just under 9000 lb. I will be buying this and it appears it is an ex-military unit, so will try to post more info on it later.
I've got three triwalls full of Hyster parts if you need anything. Mostly mast parts ( rollers, cylinder packings, and such). I'm not sure they will fit that model but we can try and match something up if needed. I may also have some manuals for the lift (parts and service).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks