• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found a V8 Deuse

Billy Bobbed

Ok guys heres the V-8 deuse I told you guys about in the mess tent.I cant tell what kind of engine it is.I checked it, it has a 4 speed hooked to a factory trans case.It has a pto pump on it.I hope the pictures come out right already opened.I dont know the year,but headlights are down farther than my 1971.I got more pictures if you need them.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be an industrial 413. That would be cool to try to get back on the road, the swap looks nice as does the interior. At the very least the transfer case must be saved. Has a REB kit in it!

1stDeuce

That's an old Michigan DNR fire deuce... Looks a lot like the one Kalkaska had when I was a kid... Guess them might still have them running around northern michigan... It was probably put together by the guys at Roscommon Equipment Center

Somebody took the tank off the back and ripped the axles out?? Whatever. Be cool to own if it was complete... You guys are spot on with the chrysler engine. I'd go with industrial too, judging by the oil pan.

Man, I wish I paid more attention. The fire deuce in Kalkaska might have been a 5-ton... It had a low profile water tank on the back, and a HUGE single bottom plow on the tail that they could run a furrow with right out through the woods... I watched them push through a jackpine stand with it once running furrow... They said it'd go over anything smaller than about 8", but that's Jack Pine and Poplar, in sand.

Wonder now if that that might have been a 5-ton...

Chris

Last edited:

ALFA2

Well, it certainly is a Chrysler product, late 60's- early 70's, an older big block v8 type, pre electronic ignition. It is ether a industrial 413" or an industrial 440" some engine parts will interchange with a normal engine of that same size, but not many.. replacement parts can be found most places, just need a good parts store.. Good engines when they run, strong and torquey. And just the bumper and the cab is worth the money, and if it has a title that is even sweeter.

Good luck.

ALFA2

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the REO body parts,cab and fenders the same as a 71 deuce.The transfer case is a 73.
The truck was originaly a gasser. The fenders are different from the multifuel trucks but they will interchange.

I bet the t-case had the REB kit installed in '73. By 1973 all the new t-cases were air shift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks