• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have a 3rd gear!

Onestar

After trouble shooting mulitple items I have finally found the problem. The plasctic gear on the governer was completly worn down. I replaced that and I now shift to second and third gear. I was beginning to wonder if anything other then first even existed in the transmission. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and if you aren't shifting properly I would recommend checking the governer, it isn't hard to get to just make sure the truck has not been running because the exhaust is right there.

Onestar

Thanks

Just trying to get out there and see whats going on. I bought the new one for $60, and like I said it was pretty easy to install. I have been a member and owner for about a month, don't have pics to post up of the actual M1009 but hopefully will soon. Still working out some of the kinks, the previous owner had no idea how to work on vehicels and used it mainly for a farm vehicle so I have to repair/fix some of the things he let slide by.

deepseeman

where exactly is that located?

I just did an ehgine swap and was out for a test drive. The truck was shifting hard and would cycle thru all gears. I got off the freeway and now dont have 3rd.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did you reinstall the vacuum lines and the throttle valve on the IP? That controls shift firmness and rpm.

The governor is located on the side of the transmission under the round housing.

deepseeman

yes, re-installed all lines. I am going to double check them at lunch. when I got off the freeway I hit one light coming off that light is when I noticed I had high rpms and little shift action. fingers are crossed that its just a line. tranny ran fine before motor swap.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the same piece that went out on my 1009. Cruising down the highway at 70 and it just QUIT! Only had first and reverse. Took it to the tranny shop, and they found that problem. Mechanic told me it is caused by rocking the vehicle back and forth. Cost me $150 and now shifts like a dream.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks