• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just bobbed my Deuce

ASTFU

Started last weekend on the bob job. I used deuce front springs hangers shocks with new u-bolts, moved the axle back 10 inches and had the driveshaft lengthened. Sawsall went to work and I cut 3 feet out of everything then welded it all back together. I just finished it today I have around 24 hours of work in it I am very happy with the results it drives great. I need bigger tires now :D

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly the way I'l like to do one. Sweet truck. I don't know how much longer I can resist this. Tell me more about your M108 please.

ASTFU

The crane is a hurting unit the only thing that works is the crane itself. bad wiring, bad brakes, transmission is beat, bad compressor,tires all bad,rusted out cab , front diff needed work . The list goes on. My plans are either swap over to an multifuel truck,or build a trailer out of it or to sell the body.It helped with the build. :D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the M108, I am using a parts M35 truck that's pretty complete to fix my M108 up. Going to save all the gasser parts, and put the mulit, overdrive transmission, airshift, and nice body off the parts truck on it. The M108's are rare enough to use a regular M35 to fix up. Maybe have 1200 in the parts truck, and if I ever get it done, will have a nice truck. The frame, rear springs, and axles are heavier duty than a M35 truck. I'm sure someone would buy the complete truck before you make a trailer out of it.

On the bob job, looks nice. The cut down bed and moved back axle look right.

Dennis

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very nice if I ever get a second duece that may be the project I start and would like to do it in the same amount of time kinda like building my dolly convertor in a day.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks great! I would love to have had a dropside bed on mine. I think they become much more fun after a bob job. Here is a most recent pic of mine. Still have to paint it and finish welding up the bed.

Attachments

ASTFU

Did you cut the 3 feet beginning just forward of the tail lights?
Where did you cut the bed at?

Where did you get the new U-Bolts for the front springs?
This item seems to be a problem last time I checked.

Looking to do mine this Winter after a run for parts to our local Fontana Bone Yard on the next get together.

Very nice job by the way. 24 Hours?
With a plasma cutter and a forklift I may be able to do it in a week? :?
Thanks

ASTFU

To make it simple i measured from the back of the actual frame 3' and cut as that part was on the ground i torched the rivits and did a lot of pounding,I then took the pintle cross brace and slid it back in and drilled the holes and grade8 bolted it all back together.The bed I cut 10" off first then cut 3' out and welded it back together, the sides of the bed i just took the second to last section out (again 3'). the ubolts I had made at brake service but napa can tell you locally where to get them, front springs were pulled from another truck.Good luck with your build,Thom

HAWKMAN

OK I've got my project for this winter.....so long parts duce.....hello bobbed duce, thanks for the pics very inspirational :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks