• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need help with MAK, Marine armor kit

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Hello,

I am trying to finish a 4 door MAK kit and have been unable to find any documentation (parts list or instructions) on it or even who made it. I have searched the TM's and SS with no luck (afterthought armor). My understanding is that the door use the same door latching set that the X-doors use. I am missing the following parts and would love to find part numbers or even the manufacture:

Missing 4 door hinges that were 20 inches long and missing body stiffners
I have the casings that are missing the big glass approx 14x16X1.5-1 3/4 max
I have the small glass casings but missing the glass x4 approx 11 1/4 x8 1/4 x 1 3/4 max

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hummer Guy

Hello,

I am trying to finish a 4 door MAK kit and have been unable to find any documentation (parts list or instructions) on it or even who made it. I have searched the TM's and SS with no luck (afterthought armor). My understanding is that the door use the same door latching set that the X-doors use. I am missing the following parts and would love to find part numbers or even the manufacture:

Missing 4 door hinges that were 20 inches long and missing body stiffners
I have the casings that are missing the big glass approx 14x16X1.5-1 3/4 max
I have the small glass casings but missing the glass x4 approx 11 1/4 x8 1/4 x 1 3/4 max

Thanks in advance!
I actually saw some MAK doors on ebay about a month ago, I'm no expert on armor but I think the long hinges off the other armored doors would fit too, you should send an email to americanhumvee@gmail.com they have all kinds of armored parts, you should also call HUMMER KINGZ, he has quite a lot of armored parts as well. Home | My Site (hummerkingz.com)

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAK armor were not procured in the same way as current armor, it was a stop gap kit developed to address the lack of
any real armor kits for soft skinned hmmwvs , in country units just fabricated what is referred to as “hillbilly armor”.
nothing from a MAK is used in todays OEM armor added to production trucks.
BAE was the main Mfg and supplier of armor as referenced by the part numbers and. cage codes, AM general has since taken over all that, also referenced by new part numbers and Cage code.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Thanks, I am currently researching my parts by common/close/keyword NSN numbers, trial and error ordering, and completing a parts layout. Without a parts manual, I have been looking at images on the internet to find or fabricate parts. Here are some additional pictures I have found for someone else trying to build a kit.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks