Id this generator

truck0590

What is one of these worth? Owner wants to get rid of it, but I don't even know if it works. The door in pic 1, with the gauges, is bent 90 degrees. Anything I could check on it?

Truck

tmbrwolf

It could be an MEP-018 60Hz 10 KW or the MEP-023 400HZ 10KW, both look identical, 60HZ would have some use as such more valuable, 400HZ would be next to useless, unless you happen to have a field radar unit!

truck0590

Looked again today and after checking the TMs to see how to id. It is definitely a MEP-018. What kind of value would it have, since it is usable for residential power?

Truck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you weigh the value and what you are willing to pay, consider that according to the TM it uses 2.25 gallons per hour.

Michael

A good working one should be worth about $1000. 2 of unknown condition on their trailer would bring about 1500 on GL several years ago when the government was dumping all gas equipment. They are very loud as well as gas hogs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks