• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification help

Aaron4915

Hello everyone! Excited new member here. I’m looking for some info on my 85 cucv blazer. Any help would be appreciated. Where it was used etc... E5F8AA47-8106-4B66-9E62-3D6F6F310342.jpeg8878840C-CE54-4AC5-BE92-073A8D60AC87.jpeg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Good looking 09. Well besides the obvious Harper Kansas Fire Dept, before that your only hope is to look for unit markings under that very nice red paint. Markings would have been stenciled on the front and rear bumpers. If HFD sanded those off, well unfortunately nobody knows.

Aaron4915

Welcome! Good looking 09. Well besides the obvious Harper Kansas Fire Dept, before that your only hope is to look for unit markings under that very nice red paint. Markings would have been stenciled on the front and rear bumpers. If HFD sanded those off, well unfortunately nobody knows.
Damn! That’s unfortunate but I will investigate. Thank you for your help!

StoneWallGarage

I think you should post up some more pics of this rig. Especially a pic of that half cab. Guessing that’s a Fire dept addition? Is there any old guys still associated with Harper FD that might have history of it, maybe even some pics of it working in the red?

Aaron4915

I think you should post up some more pics of this rig. Especially a pic of that half cab. Guessing that’s a Fire dept addition? Is there any old guys still associated with Harper FD that might have history of it, maybe even some pics of it working in the red?
From what I can tell it was done by the military I only assume this because it’s military green under the red paint.

MarcusOReallyus

Well, the first thing you have to know is that it's a 1984. It does not matter what year it was made. It's a 1984. The Army did not want the logistics nightmare of keeping up with all the changees that auto manufacturers make from year to year, so the contract specified that all vehicles would be made the same - no model year changes were permitted.

So, if you need parts, ask for 1984 parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks