• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify these antenna parts?

papakb

It's nomenclature is AB-558 and they were used primarily as the guard receiver antenna base on numerous military vehicles including the M151s. They use steel mast sections MS116, 117, and 118 or you can use the AT-1095 fiberglass upper mast section from the AS-1729 antennas.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The fiberglass base ones as pictured were mainly for armored use such as tanks and APC's but could also show up on a 151 instead of AB-15
ab15.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Looks like Manfred. Yep, no doubt about it, I know Manfred and that's Manfred. Hope I identified him correctly.

papakb

If your talking about the image you have in your first posting it's resin filled fiberglass and either mounts in a hole in the tank turret or in the bracket commonly called a sugar scoop or one of the flimsy aluminum brackets they hung on the back of the early HMMWV. On the 151 it would mount in a sugar scoop on the antenna pylon on one of the rear corners. The image MWMULES posted is the side mount bracket for the guard receiver in a 151 but that base will only accept the AB-15 antenna base pictured. The AB-15 is a 2 piece porcelain unit that screws apart, drops through a 2" hole in the bracket and then screws back together. It used the same MS-116, 117, and 118 masts or the AT-1095. The rubber flex section is the same as the one in the AB-558.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks