• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identifying Texas FMV owners

Riktord

I'm curious as to why a full list hasn't been compiled for FMV owners in this glorious state. I have used the search and member search function and although I could personally compile a list... Why not just add your name?

RiktorD - Fort Worth, Texas

Barrman

Why do we need a list? We have MVPA chapters, Rallys and other events all the time. There are those that show up and those that don't. Pretty much it is the same people doing. At least that has been my experience for the past few years.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it was $50.00 for 5 years, Did it go up recently?
I just registered my MKT last month and $60 was what they charged (prorated for the remaining time).

And I agree with Barrman on the list. I have to have my name on too many of those whether I like it or not already. If someone is looking for assistance that I can provide all they need to do is post a new thread as to where they're going and if I can help I'll respond. Beyond that I enjoy my privacy (he says while posting on an open forum).

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Former Military Vehicle. It's a type of registration in TX. $60 for 5 years.
FMV: a "sub-class" of Antique Vehicle definition and registration in the Great State of Texas.
The owner of which, at the time of registration, has the option of a License Plate OR NO license plates - tagged as "Bumper Numbers only".
Also EXEMPT from display (but MUST carry) of the windshield registration sticker.
... AND no annual inspection requirement nor need to display the (non-existant) windshield inspection sticker.
(Many LEOs are somewhat confused by this - I carry a 3" 3-ring binder with ALL applicable laws under the passenger's seat.)

We have:
1- M35A2 registered as a TxFMV without License Plates.
USAFSS-ColdWarrior
John (& Dianna), San Angelo, TX, USA

Last edited:

kc5mzd

I just did a member search. It doesn't work so well. Some are listed as TX others as Texas.
On the bright side there are over 1200 members in TX and Texas combined...

I like the idea of starting a thread and letting people know if you need help in an area.

Riktord

Why do we need a list? We have MVPA chapters, Rallys and other events all the time. There are those that show up and those that don't. Pretty much it is the same people doing. At least that has been my experience for the past few years.
Fairly new to the fold and figured it would be a good resource.

Just noticed Riktord didn't put the state in his profile and did not come up in the search?
Fixed... ;)

Barrman

Since you joined in August, there have been 2 Texas Rally's, a Ft. Hood trail ride, several OKC events, many parades and many other events all within 200 miles of you. All have been listed out and turned into multiple page threads here on SS. Join MVPA and your local chapter and you will have something to do just about every weekend.

It all comes down to the same few people being at all these different events. Knowledge of the events normally doesn't equal attendance if you look at how many people view a thread.

Riktord

It also depends on just how far one wishes to drive their vehicle to said rally. I was just curious to know the total number of people within a 50 mile radius of the Metroplex, that own Deuces or any FMV for that matter.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also depends on just how far one wishes to drive their vehicle to said rally. I was just curious to know the total number of people within a 50 mile radius of the Metroplex, that own Deuces or any FMV for that matter.
For those of us to the west of the I-35 Corridor, we've got the "West Texas Detachment" of the SteelSoldiers. (See the Thread in my signature below.)

If you're up to it, you could start a ROLL CALL for the DFW MetroPlex or any other region you'd like to muster.

Barrman

If you are not interested in attending events. Then I would suggest you find and join your local MVPA chapter. Show up for a meeting in your truck. Before you leave, you will either have met or heard about dozens of people that have trucks like yours in the area. Veterans Day, Memorial Day and July 4th parades are also great ways to meet other owners.

Between this web site, G503 and the specialized M37 and M715 sites. You will only find maybe 60-70% of the truck owners out there. If that many. Not everybody likes to waste hours on a computer each day. The only way to find more is to show up at events and word of mouth. That is the point I was trying to get across in the previous post.

Darwin T

FMV: a "sub-class" of Antique Vehicle definition and registration in the Great State of Texas.
The owner of which, at the time of registration, has the option of a License Plates OR NO license plates - tagged as "Bumper Numbers only".
Also EXEMPT from display (but MUST carry) of the windshield registration sticker.
... AND no annual inspection requirement nor need to display the (non-existant) windshield inspection sticker.
(Many LEOs are somewhat confused by this - I carry a 3" 3-ring binder with ALL applicable laws under the passenger's seat.)

We have:
1- M35A2 registered as a TxFMV without License Plates.
USAFSS-ColdWarrior
John (& Dianna), San Angelo, TX, USA

what types of restrictions are placed on usage if you use this FMV to get plates (or not)? can it be used as a regular truck or is it for show only? my last deuce cost me 475.00 for the license because i registered it with the full 10,000 pound hauling weight. :cookoo: not counting the sales tax for buying it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks