• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see 12 or 13 2011 Ga rally threads going already. A new multi media thread has been announced as well. I'm hitting the road in 12 hours and that's not enough time to read all the threads posted so far! (Rally has not even begun)

I simply would like to know if there was a "menu" posted or planned and when the MKT will be operational. Also, have prices been established yet? Is there an option to purchase all meals from X to X for one price?

Anyone know where (thread and post #s) to look for this, if it was already posted.

search sucks, any discount for A3 owners?:p

Last edited:

zout

Folks,

WM is bringing about 150 pounds of potatoes and 10 pounds of onions. I’ll be at Wally World and Sams tomorrow picking up the rest.

Breakfast will consist of eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, grits, French toast and Honey Oats cereal, with butter, milk, jelly, syrup and honey.

Lunch (in camp) will be hamburgers and hot dogs, and baked beans, with ketchup, mustard and relish, and maybe some chili
Lunch (on trail rides) will be ham and turkey sandwiches, sliced cheese, potato chip bags and individual fruit cups, with condiment packs, mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper, hot sauce, etc.

Supper
Wednesday – I’m thinking a chicken bog (chicken white meat, rice, summer sausage, broth, onions, maybe peas -in the bog or separate) served in bowls.
Thursday – Move the Chili-mac from Friday night to Thursday, with leftover chili-mac on Friday for those who want to skip the pork (for whatever reason – I can’t think of any), green beans, field peas if poppop makes it.
Friday – the Pig picking, Carolina Gold BBQ sauce, baked potatoes, green beans, sour cream, butter, shredded cheese, boiled peanuts if poppop makes it. Some other BBQ sauces if I can find them (tomato and vinegar/pepper based ones).
Saturday – Steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans, some corn, A-1 and H 57 steak sauce, ketchup.

We will make a bunch of tea and black cherry koolaid, but will not dilute it with ice right away. Some will be put into jugs and refrigerated, but we will make ice available for those who want a cold drink. We will send ice, cups, and both tea and koolaid plus some bottled water on the trail rides. Subject to confirmation, the hardball convoy may be fed at the VFW, so for that one, we ill only need to send bottled water. (a bunch means I have 48 ea one gallon bags for the tea, about 40 packs of Koolaid, and 35-40 pounds of sugar).
Coffee drinkers will be left to their own devices unless I’m told to try out the Navy coffee recipe I was given – this is the one I was told could grow hair on your toenails!

Chime in quick if you see something that needs changing.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Srjeeper

One thing....

The direction of the wind.....I hope it stay southerly and doesn't swing around to the north till this is over....:doh:

R Racing

I see 12 or 13 2011 Ga rally threads going already. A new multi media thread has been announced as well. I'm hitting the road in 12 hours and that's not enough time to read all the threads posted so far! (Rally has not even begun)

I simply would like to know if there was a "menu" posted or planned and when the MKT will be operational. Also, have prices been established yet? Is there an option to purchase all meals from X to X for one price?

Anyone know where (thread and post #s) to look for this, if it was already posted.

search sucks, any discount for A3 owners?:p

But you don't own a A3 Doghead !!! :grd:

91W350

Click on it and mouse over, white on blue background is much easier... Or.....

Folks,

WM is bringing about 150 pounds of potatoes and 10 pounds of onions. I’ll be at Wally World and Sams tomorrow picking up the rest.

Breakfast will consist of eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, grits, French toast and Honey Oats cereal, with butter, milk, jelly, syrup and honey.

Lunch (in camp) will be hamburgers and hot dogs, and baked beans, with ketchup, mustard and relish, and maybe some chili
Lunch (on trail rides) will be ham and turkey sandwiches, sliced cheese, potato chip bags and individual fruit cups, with condiment packs, mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper, hot sauce, etc.

Supper
Wednesday – I’m thinking a chicken bog (chicken white meat, rice, summer sausage, broth, onions, maybe peas -in the bog or separate) served in bowls.
Thursday – Move the Chili-mac from Friday night to Thursday, with leftover chili-mac on Friday for those who want to skip the pork (for whatever reason – I can’t think of any), green beans, field peas if poppop makes it.
Friday – the Pig picking, Carolina Gold BBQ sauce, baked potatoes, green beans, sour cream, butter, shredded cheese, boiled peanuts if poppop makes it. Some other BBQ sauces if I can find them (tomato and vinegar/pepper based ones).
Saturday – Steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans, some corn, A-1 and H 57 steak sauce, ketchup.

We will make a bunch of tea and black cherry koolaid, but will not dilute it with ice right away. Some will be put into jugs and refrigerated, but we will make ice available for those who want a cold drink. We will send ice, cups, and both tea and koolaid plus some bottled water on the trail rides. Subject to confirmation, the hardball convoy may be fed at the VFW, so for that one, we ill only need to send bottled water. (a bunch means I have 48 ea one gallon bags for the tea, about 40 packs of Koolaid, and 35-40 pounds of sugar).
Coffee drinkers will be left to their own devices unless I’m told to try out the Navy coffee recipe I was given – this is the one I was told could grow hair on your toenails!

Chime in quick if you see something that needs changing.

Mike

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead you coming down I-85 through NC?
Well, mapquest says it's about 45 minutes faster for me to go down to 20 and head West, than to take 85(which is how I thought I went the last couple years).

Looks like my fastest route is 16 hrs. I'm not sure if I will go all in one day, or sleep somewhere and finish on Wed.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But you don't own a A3 Doghead !!! :grd:

I'm ashamed to admit(like coming out of the closet, ashamed), I want one. I had bid on several, back when they were bringing 7K. Maybe someday I can drive an A3, "Loud and Proud", down main street with some A3 Bro's.;)

3dAngus

A3s are cool too.

Rain on Tuesday throughout most of the state. Some scattered early Wednesday morning, clearing up before lunch.
Very cold on Thursday night. Might hit the high 30s and around 60 during the day. Warming up nicely on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the 70's and 40s at night. Should be beautiful with nice and clean air. Lots of puddles though. Be careful, check your lights and windshield wipers before departure.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many, and what size? I'm pretty full going both ways, but maybe it could work.

stampy

He wanted 6 they are empty plastic 55 gal drums for his charity project. I am about mid way for your trip too. I will be out of town on business after 1pm tomorrow till late sat night (thats why I won't be at the ga rally) but I can let my guys know about the barrels as long as you can get there before 5pm. PM me for details, but I am about 2 miles off 85

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M101 is literally full to the top of the sideboards. Might be able to tie 4 or 5 on top, but I'm not so sure on that.

I definitely can't get to you by 5 pm tomorrow, and more than likely, not sure what time I'll be getting through on Tues(depends how long I can drive).

Maybe AMGeneral or NH or someone else, is going through your way?

RealCavDog

I'm ashamed to admit(like coming out of the closet, ashamed), I want one. I had bid on several, back when they were bringing 7K. Maybe someday I can drive an A3, "Loud and Proud", down main street with some A3 Bro's.;)

You missed a Midwest cherry ! 7K ? Still haven't spent that, recovery, service, detailing, title, tags, repairs to hub seals . . . total, yet ! ( Got LUCKY)

Don't be ashamed, we all grow, evolve, and learn to adapt ! Thats the key to survival ! Plus, All the cool kids are doing it ! LOL ! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks