• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IFA W50 with M105 in tow

SterlingDevelop

I posted some pics under the trailers forum, but I'll put one here too.
The truck was missing the ignition switch when I got it. (previous owner lost the key), so the first project is to fix that. The "apply red wire to terminal" starting procedure is substandard.
My father is an EE, so we thought "hey, we could overly complicate things and use up hours of valuable time".
We are replacing the ignition switch with a fingerprint identification switch that we scavenged off a surplus biometric access control lockset.
Push in the glow plug switch, fingerprint on the reader, and she'll fire right up.
This is our theory.
I'll post some construction and installation photos, if anyone is interested.

Here's one I took today, when we went to the DRMO to pick up the 105.
It's hooked up to the IFA.

Attachments

M1075

Either that truck is huge or you are a small dude! Thanks for sharing the pic. If that is the one I saw on ebay recently, you got a steal. You should almost feel bad. Congrats! Keep us posted with more pics.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interested? Heck Yeah. :drool: That is a cool looking setup.

Either that truck is huge or you are a small dude!
You must have saved your lunch money for quite awhile and spent it wisely. :wink:

massdld

Don't worry, it has since been sold and is now dancing in the fields of a New York field.As for calling me a vandal? Wow. I see guys constantly bob trucks on here and get a "good job" and try to build a cool off road camper for me and my kids and I get called a vandal. The bed was falling apart, and was rusting out. The canvas had two gaping holes in it, rotted wood on the hoops. Jeff did a great job on the headache rack but the rest was in need of attention. Actually the truck is designed for an enclosed carrier and I stole my design off of a different IFA owner. So come on, lighten up.

Front half East German, back half M923.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks