• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IFA W50 www.ifa-tours.de

Renato

Hello I is called Renato and comes from Worbis. Worbis lies in the calibration field of the country Thuringia (Germany). If you interest you in IFA truck, then looks times past under http://www.ifa tours.de

I make routes with the IFA W50 and already was thereby in Daeenemark, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Tunesien, Algeria, Sahara, Russia, Canada, the USA, Mexico.

On the Hompage of IFA route you find reports over journeys with the IFA, a forum and much more besides, I would be pleased, if you by-look times. And for the military fans still another left: http://www.nva fallschirmjaeger.de Homepage of the paratroopers of the NVA

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's one heck of a first post! Very impressive. I hope you stay around, I'm sure we can think of a lot of questions for you.
It's going to take a while to digest it all.

Renato

Sehr schönen Fahrzeugpatk hast DU, übrigens hat der IFA W50 einen Vielstoffmotor. Ich fahrer reines Pflänzenöl mit dem W50, so kann ich die hohen Dieselpreise in Deutschland ein wenig umgehen.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Danke! Thanks, translating, you are saying that your truck also has a multifuel engine and that you drive on veggie oil to get around the high cost of diesel fuel in Germany.

I have been using used cooking oil and "biodiesel" processed from cooking oil since April, 2005 (about 1,000 miles). Since there is no heater in the tank, I use only a relatively low percentage of raw cooking oil (max 20% so far), but the engine performs very well on the oil.

Do you heat the fuel? Does your engine (injection pump) have a fuel density compensator?
How much fuel can you carry, when "on the road"?

PS. Please, go to "Control Panel" and fill out your signature, thanks. BB

Renato

, we may not drive fuel oil into Germany (tax evasion). The W50 can drive without changes Planzenoel. No I heat the Planzenoel not and drive it only at temperatures over 10°C. The W50 has original 150 litres of Tank(! Litre = 3.75 gallons). I re-tooled however a 300 litre tank, as well as can mounting plates for 10 cans with in each case 20 litres. If I drive larger routes, then I have also still cans on the roof approx.. 7 10 pieces. Thus I come on approx.. 600 litres. In Africa one must carry much fuel, since there are not many gas stations. I was in the year 2004 with my IFA W50 in the USA, Canada and Mexico. The route led from Halifax (Canada) across Toronto, Monteral, cases of Niagara, Buffalo, Chichago, Salt Lake town center, San Francisco, Los Angeles, read Vegas, Phoenix, Dougals, Mexico, Houstaon, Lousiana, Memphis, Nashville, New York, Baltimore. 16,000 km.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You learn a lot about your vehicle when driving long distances. Since September of 2004 I have driven my deuce in the states of Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida for a total of about 11,000 km (6,600 miles).

I think I'm ready for something more of an adventure, perhaps Alaska. :)

I can only use cooking oil in the summer time. It starts roughly when the temp drops below 65F (15 C).
For a longer trip, I'd use the trailer, which can easily carry 40 5-gallon jugs of biodiesel/cooking oil in addition to the other supplies.

What kind of fuel milage do you get? Do you travel alone?

Desert Rat

Renato,
I drive my Deuce, Desert Storm, quite a bit. Since I bought her I've put on 12,000 miles and have another 1,700 miles left to drive before my move to Houston is finished. I've owned her for two years and have enjoyed every mile. I've driven her in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Penn., Tenn., Missouri, Texas, Wisconsin and Arkansas so far. A trip to Maine is in the works for sometime next year or in '07. Sounds like you really enjoy driving your truck too!

Renato

@cranetruck <!--StartFragment --> If I go on journeys with the IFA W50, then always rides along who.
Up to now always my friend Klaus rode along.

I was already in Canada on the way in the year 2004 with -45°C,

there I something alcohol to the Diesel in addition-mixed.

Renato

<!--StartFragment -->@Desert Rat
YES, I geneisse it much mean IFA to drive, my routes were as follows: Russia 5,000 miles Spain 3,000 miles Africa (crossing of the desert Sahara) 9,000 miles Kanda, the USA, Mexico 8,500 miles. My next large destination should be Australia, times sees whether it which becomes, since alone the shipment of the IFA W50 will cost 22,000 U$ dollar.

Cheek

[color=#0000ff>I]IFA W-50[/color]</U> Will Get The Respect And Recognition It So Highly Deserves. It Is An Awesome, Mighty Machine And Is Truly A Magnificent Piece Of Engineering!
[color=#0000ff></FONT>[/i]

[color=#0000ff>[/i]

[color=#0000ff>Driving]

<FONT color=#0000ff>Anybody Up For Paris/Dakar?[/color]

[color=blue> [/i]

[color=#0000ff>There]

<FONT color=#0000ff>The Pictures In The Post Below Speak For Themselves.....[/color]

<FONT color=#0000ff>I REST MY CASE

Renato

<!--StartFragment --> Due to its robustness and simplicity, nearly everyone is able to repair the vehicle the IFA-W50 without workshop. Each soldier drove a W50, had to repair and could everything. Therefore the vehicle for hard area employment and routes is suitable, since one actually gets ahead again and again. The IFA W50 is today still world-wide in the use, e.g. in Viet Nam, China, Russia, Poland, Romania, Nicaraquar, Cuba, Aethoepien, Angola, Africa, Iraq, etc.... it 560,000 pieces was built. One meets the W50 also with many Ralleys .

Cheek

[color=green> I]
<FONT color=#008000>The Bear Ain't The Only Thing That Went OVER The Mountain...[/color]

Renato

<!--StartFragment --> [tr ][td class=s bgcolor="white"]Hello Opie, you have one own satellite? The satellite is very versatile and has many fans. There are mad modifications, e.g. which with 200 HP, or Stretchcar trabbis. Much fun tschuess
[/td][/tr][tr ][td class=s] [/td][/tr]

Cheek

[color=blue> I][/b] These New IFA Posts! Imagine That! Cat Got Your Tongue Ken? I Was Rendered Speechless Too, After Seeing These Posts! I Have Been Offered A Trade Of $26,300.00 (NADA) For My W-50 But After Seeing Renato's Posts, I Have Reconsidered. I Might Still Do It Because It Is A Good Offer, From A Business Standpoint, But I'm Already Highly Attached To It At This Point! My Truck Cost $66,966.61 In '82, Not Including The Shipping, Taxes, etc, And Would Cost At Least Double That To Make A Comparable Truck Today! I've Always Been Told "Price It Like You Don't Want To Sell It" But Somebody Finally Called My Bluff So To Say! I'm So Broke I Can't Pay Attention But I Honestly Don't Think I Can Go Through With The Deal, Even With The Dude Standing There Holding A Bank Bag With $25K In It!!! Money Means Nothing To Me But This Truck Is Special! Like I'm EVER Gonna' See Another IFA Here, Much Less Available For Sale? Yeah, Right! It Is Very Different Having The ONLY Vehicle Like It In The Whole U.S.! I Have Seen One Other One Here For Sale On A Web Site Out West, But That Doesn't Necessarily Mean It Is Still Here Either! There Might Be Other Ones Here But I Will Not Believe It Until I See It! I Guess I Have Been Truly Bitten, By The "OD" Bug, A Bite That Is Obviously Non-Recoverable From!!! [/color]

Cheek

[color=blue>For]FOUR AXLES[/color], That Are Connected With OverDrive Gears! ROCKWELL'S ? Uhh, I Don't Think So! No Thanks! </FONT>[color=#0000ff> ][/b] $12,000.00 US, Maybe A Little More! All He Did Was Add Long Range Gas Tanks Which I Think He Said Was Good For Like 600-800 Kilometers! I Would NOT Hesitate To Drive My Truck To Any Coast, As Far As I Could Go, In Absolutely ANY Direction! It Will Run On ANYTHING Flammable That I Put In The Tank But As long As Shell Is Available, That's My Choice, Because It Runs Better On Shell #2 Than ANY Other Brand I've Used Before! It Is Comforting To Know That I Can Dump Some WESSON OIL In There If I'm Ever Jonesing At Florence Henderson's House Or I Can't Find A Shell Station! I Liked The Idea Of The Other Guys Running Used Cooking Oil In Their Trucks! [/color][color=blue>I]

<FONT color=blue> :)[/color]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, does the engine have a fuel density compensator? Which engine is standard for your truck?

Still waiting for some images of the electronics details, connectors circuit breakers etc.

Thanks,

Renato

The IFA W50, which is to be seen on pictures with the Trucktrial, is only little modified, the wheels have a size of 14.00 R20. Otherwise are all original at the W50, also the drive and the engine. This W50 is German master in the Trucktrial sees here everything this vehicle is hardly changed, only larger tires. See here - http://www.ifa-w50team-zwickau.de/13801.html

37339 Worbis/Germany

Longhunter7

Renato,

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Your truck and your travels are truly amazing!

We would welcome any additional pictures and details of your adventures!

I added your location to your signature, and if it not correct, let me know, and I will correct it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks