• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IH tractor home.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1985 IH. I got this for the motor. Did not even know what was in it when I bid just knew it was a good size Cummins. I posted a pic awhile back and most said it was and 855. 855 240 @1800 Formula. Not a bad motor. It should fit well in a 5 ton bobber as it does not have Jakes or the water manofolds so no hood mods. I believe. I will find out what that motor can relibely put out and leave it at that. I don't know what I will do with the cab from the HI when I done. I might just leave it in the yard as it glows real nice at night.

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! Glad to hear the engine is something you can use. The main thing I think it lacks is oil squirters to spray oil at the underside of the pistons to keep them cool. From what I understand that is the main item that limits how much fuel you can add to it to turn up the power. There are several Cummins experts over on the ATHS.org forums that know a lot about turning the fuel up on an old Cummins and someone over there should be able to answer any questions you have about what to or not to do.

If you decide to sell the rear axles or the transmission please let me know what you want for them. :)

Ruppster

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoot James, you have plenty of green trucks. Pull the slider kit out of a 5 ton and put up under the binder then add a transfer case and front drive axle out of a 5 tonner. Make you a nice pullout truck or spotter in the yard.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little paint and yes it could be nice. The nabors are complaining though as the glow keeps them up at night. Don't know why. What does this weird sign mean I never saw it before on any of the outher trucks?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks