• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois to Maryland

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Illinois to Maryland PickUp A M920

Heading from Illinois to Maryland with a pickup truck. Will be coming back to Illinois with a semi and trailer. Any suggestions or anything to avoid? Would prefer not to pay a fortune in tolls. Thanks.

Last edited:

DieselBob

My $. 2cents , Starting from Indianapolis I usually take I70 east to Washington Pa then I79 south around Morgantown WVa to I68 east which runs right to western Md. Much nicer road than turnpike and no tolls.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I went a similar route to visit my girlfriend in Pa. Once you get into Maryland, sprint has NO cell service for a good 30-45mins. Just a heads up.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, you'll be by me on the way home before I even get off work today or I'd wait up at I70 and SR127 and wave to you.

:)

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We made it back home last night at about 11:00 with no problems. Truck ran great and the air conditioning froze us out.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks