• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-tank Parker pump blowing fuses

Kharville

I recently performed fuel filter replacements on all my fuel filters. After changing them the truck would not start. I found the lift pump fuse blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again. I took the pump out of the tank to troubleshoot. I submerged the pump in a bucket of diesel and connected 24V. It pumped fine. I reinstalled the pump in the tank and did some troubleshooting before inserting another fuse. The single black wire that comes from the fuse cap seems to be the +24v. That wire has continuity to ground(the mesh wire surrounding the black wire to the pump). I don't think that is correct. It seems the mesh wire around the single wire is ground and the inner wire should be voltage. Are these prone to shorting out? I did not have a short when the pump was off the mounting rail.

Attachments

Kharville

I recently performed fuel filter replacements on all my fuel filters. After changing them the truck would not start. I found the lift pump fuse blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again. I took the pump out of the tank to troubleshoot. I submerged the pump in a bucket of diesel and connected 24V. It pumped fine. I reinstalled the pump in the tank and did some troubleshooting before inserting another fuse. The single black wire that comes from the fuse cap seems to be the +24v. That wire has continuity to ground(the mesh wire surrounding the black wire to the pump). I don't think that is correct. It seems the mesh wire around the single wire is ground and the inner wire should be voltage. Are these prone to shorting out? I did not have a short when the pump was off the mounting rail.
I found some time to look at this further. It appears the black wire that powers the pump shorts to ground if you move it just a little. As you see in the photo, the mesh wire is broken were it bends to go into the tank. Anyone know if that black wire can be repaired of if that wire even detaches from the pump? It looks like there is a crimp and a plug that does not seem easy to come out.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks