• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump oil line failure.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a mess.:-( The oil line from the block to the pump has a split in it. Luckily it went about a 1/4 mile from my house. Still have about 1/2 an inch of oil on the dipstick. Now there is a nice trail of oil through town to my house.
I had the IP off bout 3 mos ago, and they looked fine, and I thought I should change them but I did'nt. Lesson learned. I guess its time to get a bigger spill kit on hand. At least the truck is rustproofed for a little while.:cookoo:
For those of you that have changed them is it easier to pull the pump or just squeeze in there and do it? Thanks.

Attachments

whyme

i just did them both, honestly not too bad to do. easy to get off but a little cramped, getting them on is a pain. starting the treads on the line where it goes into the block is a two man job and then its a tight bend so starting it on the ip sucks too. the bottom line is real easy.

i had to drop the pto shaft for the winch on mine but doesn't look like you'll have that to deal with. i did snag myself up and cross threaded the new line (main at the IP) but i ran the threads with a pick and all was good. i still have a leak on mine though, looks like its leaking where the fitting meets the hose on the line at the back of the IP

Last edited:

whyme

got them from Westech in the classifieds. he said he will warranty them so if its the line itself thats leaking i might have to see about that.

DieselBob

FWIW I also purchased the lines from Westech and was very satisfied. Fit perfect and only took me about 15 minutes to do. No winch shaft on my truck to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks