• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

intake manifold oil aspirator, injector.

nathanto

Do any of you remember the glass bottle mounted in the engine compartment? I think that marvel mystery oil was put in the bottle. Then the vacuum from the engine would bubble the oil, and inject small amounts into the intake.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Of what?

I think you are getting some of your memories crossed.

There were oil bath air filters for old motors and there was aircompressor anti-freeze which was a bottle of alcohol. Are talking about either of these?

nathanto

I noticed this contraption a few times on vintage cars, and trucks. I had a name that I cannot grasp right now. I think it was called an aspirator, or something along those lines. It was a specific device used to lube/clean, the intake system, and clean the combustion chamber.

nathanto

I have to agree this may not be a military application. But when you want to find something. Ask a pro.

plym49

Of what?
I think you are getting some of your memories crossed.
There were oil bath air filters for old motors and there was aircompressor anti-freeze which was a bottle of alcohol. Are talking about either of these?
Maybe one of the resident old-farts can enlighten us!
You rang?

There were indeed top oil injectors for upper cylinder lubrication. They used engine vacuum to pull in a light oil, typically MMO.

There were also firewall mounted glass w/s washer fluid bottles. And oil bath air cleaners. And alcohol-water mixture bottles to control detonation on early turbocharged engines (pre-electronic controls).

There were even firewall-mounted vacuum fuel pumps that used vacuum to refill a cistern that would gravity feed to the carb.

All of these were separate things.

nathanto

Thankyou for the replies. I found one after some searching. I found a kit, made by Marvel. It is called an inverse oiler.
marvel inverse oiler.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks