• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interested in an M220

Oldfart

I haven't seen anything lately. I heard GL had exhausted the supply of M35's (M109's) so it would seem most likely would be something off GSA or a private party.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you haven't looked in the classifieds there are 2 currently listed in the classifieds in colorado.

Wayofftrack

I did check the classifieds but only saw the M211's in CO. Is that what you were referring to? I really want an original 220 that is all there. If it was already turned into a camper that would be even better and I don't care what color its painted:)
Thanks guys.

Oldfart

Sorry, perhaps I have missed something. There are two M211's over in South Park listed in the SS classifieds, but I can't seem to find any M220's. You can replicate an M220 by using an M109 van body on an M211 and few would notice the differences in the van bodies. My own M220 has had several field modifications to the van body that would probably cause a purist to object. However, I consider my truck as "original military" because that is the way the Army set it up.

Wayofftrack

Thanks OF. I just don't have the time or inclination to build one from an M109 body, I have too much other stuff I'm working on now. I do appreciate your input. You have one sweet 220.

Oldfart

Thanks. It was a lucky find. Hard to believe the Army kept one in use (all be it not much use) for 55 years. I did buy an M109 for parts because I thought the van bodies were all the same, but I discovered the black out window mullions were different extrusions. At first blush, things look the same. I am missing one of the shades and the bottom piece of mullion for that shade. Also there are slight differences to the window tilt out rods and I need a couple of those repaired. I think when I get some time I can fabricate the repair parts for the prop rods. Anyhow, I have an M109 parts truck that the military did not strip parts off of the van body. The rest of the truck did get ravaged for spares though. ~~~ As to your search for an M220, I would check the GSA auctions and if possible small fire and sheriff departments. Two years back, I ran across an M220 out in Eastern Colorado, but I was a few days late. I heard about it from a near by rural fire department. By the time I tracked down phone numbers and made contact, it had gone to the shredder the week earlier.

54reo

There is a M220 close to me sans box (cab & chassis) that is in excellent condition.
All the data plates are still there.
Sounds like you are wanting one with a box on it though.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would definitely consider a REALLY NICE m109 box and a really nice M211. You will find a guy with an excavator to lift the box on and tighten down the 6 bolts and 4 U bolts. Takes about 2 hours. Much easier than fixing the 220 box, unless you find a perfect m220.

As a matter of fact, that is the plan for the red M211!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way,

This post is submitted from the top bunk of a yellow M211/M109 camper conversion. 8)
(I don't get wireless signal from the bottom bunk)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks