• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior padding?

TacticalTruck

Anyone know a source for the interior padding used on M939 or HMMWV type vehicles? It's the kind with perforated vinyl covering.

Thanks
Jeff

VQ-1

try:
American Acoustical Products for Sound Absorption, Sound Barriers, Thermal Insulation, and Vibration Damping
this is very similar to the interior headliner used in the the m1152 hmmwv's
i haven't gotten around to doing mine interior yet but i was quoted these prices,
[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]We are out of Dallas/Ft.Worth so we would be the closest to you[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -½” thick 70 square feet is $ 187.60[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -1” thick 70 square feet is $239.40[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Perforated vynal in black, gray, Mojave or sand.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This material does not have adhesive on it, you would need 2 spray adh. at $12.00 per can [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vicki Baiamonte[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]General Manager [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]dB Engineering, Inc.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]800-666-6473 #101[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]vicki@800nonoise.com "[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]dB Engineering is a registered"[/FONT]

rolling18

I work for a Foam manufacturaing plant and i used dence lightly convoluted "egg grated" foam and lined the whole roof piece. and looks good too!!

and for floors i used a 1/2" felt pad material cut to fit the whole floor around pedals and seat / brake brackets. then a layer of dense rubber carped padding, then some nice car mats on top of that

wow talk about a drop in cab noise!!
next it the back / side interior walls and interior firewall
havent decided if im dooing the door yet or not

Sure it might not be as nice or effective as the specialized products,, but
its all free!!

I say try your local carpet/ flooring store and look for scrap of these things its free and effective!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks