• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International H-542-11 in the woods

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was down to one of the storage yards of a company I do property management for and had my camera with me so I took a few pictures of this old beast . They used to use for a pull truck at a gravel pit that has been closed for many years . Since everybody like pics I thought I would post a few. It was originally a tractor .

Attachments

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well...thats good and bad then. He won't scrap it, but he will hold on to ot and let it rot into the ground...:?
Well it.s not that he won't sell it , he won't sell it to scrapers or at scrap price.
It's a old sand and gravel company that doesn't do much any more , but they keep a full time mechanic around and when slow they have him drag stuff like this up to the shop and get fired up. This has sat for about 15 years but still rolls over. There is probably half a dozen R series Internationl tandems there also . All with inline 6's . And probably 7 or 8 FWD's with International inline 6's in them . Along with a bunch of extra motors in the shed . They also have titles for all the trucks including this one .

zout

That might have been one of the trucks used on this fiasco way back when up there Porky - remember the "bridge" - think they started on both ends and wound up in the middle like 9 foot away from each other.

Attachments

68t

thanks , for good commit, and for pictures. A few years back there was one of the m426 trucks for sell in michigan. They have the 450 red diamond engine. The same engine in the ih halftracks. They have the updraft cab. I got this one for 8 hundred dollars at a scrap yard

natem

Cool truck, I might know the yard. One thing about some one saying "I'll never scrap it"is one day his kid or yard manager will "clean up".

As far as the bridge is concerned they used a surplus 10 ton.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool truck, I might know the yard. One thing about some one saying "I'll never scrap it"is one day his kid or yard manager will "clean up".

As far as the bridge is concerned they used a surplus 10 ton.
It won't get scraped while the current owner is alive , but his kids will have one big auction after he dies and what don't sell will get scraped .

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might have been one of the trucks used on this fiasco way back when up there Porky - remember the "bridge" - think they started on both ends and wound up in the middle like 9 foot away from each other.
It's about 8 miles from me and problems and waste continues .

natem

This M135 and the M215 dump in the background came from a yard in Saginaw. The owner had them for 20 years. The mechanic called me as they were pushing the 215 on a trailer headed for the scrapyard. Keep in touch with someone there!

Attachments

68427vette

is this truck in OHIO? i may have seen it,, i have one, rust free,, looking for a good twin,see what he wants for it, SAVE IT, jc

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is this truck in OHIO? i may have seen it,, i have one, rust free,, looking for a good twin,see what he wants for it, SAVE IT, jc
The truck is in the saginaw ,michigan area about 150 miles north of the ohio/michigan state line. I will talk to the owner next week , but he is a hard guy to get a price out of. But I will see what i can do and PM you what I find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks