• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IronPlanet Arbitration Agreement

lonesouth

I received an arbitration agreement from IronPlanet related to my purchase of a 10kw power plant last year. I did not initiate this agreement, they sent it to me out of the blue. The agreement waives my rights for any lawsuits, private or class action. Attached to the agreement is an application for Florida Title for the trailer. I paid for and received a BOS with the purchase, but did not request a title.

Is the arbitration agreement SOP for IP when you request a title? My biggest concern is the statement in the agreement

Transactions refer to: Any and all past, present, and future transactions and agreements between you and me in which I am or may become obligated to you and all related documents. (Emphasis added)
I get that the agreement is stating that I agree to seek arbitration rather than civil suit should an issue arise, but it seems a bit much to waive all rights for future transactions.

Thoughts?

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Without knowing what the item number is, there is not much light I can share on the issue. If this was a GovPlanet purchase, PM me an item number and I will look into it. This is the first time I have heard of this one, so it may be specific for IronPlanet items.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks