• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the CTIS angle valve serviceable

10Lugger

Cold weather is here and last night my rear tire went flat. I let the ctis air up the tire then took a spay bottle to it and found the leak at the screw adjustment at the angle valve. I turned screw and deflated tire. I disassembled cap and found valve and o-ring. Looked for info with no luck. Is this serviceable? Number 13 on TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

aleigh

That's interesting, unless I am totally spacing, mine are different. They don't have that screw thing on them, it's just a 90 degree fitting. It screws onto the valve stem (which seems - randomly - to have a schrader core in it). I had one wind up leaking but the valve stem was bad and I ended up having to replace it and the seal where it goes through the wheel.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sometimes found on front tires on the older trucks. So you can quickly flatten the front tires to reduce height. They lead to nothing but problems though. I recommend replacing them with the regular elbows that the rear tires use.

aleigh

... also by randomly I meant sometimes the wheel valve stem has a schraeder in it and sometimes it doesn't. I always kind of wondered if it is supposed to be there to facilitate removing the ctis hose assembly without deflating the tire, and if so I guess the assembly must be depressing the pin. Or if they are in there accidentally and I would find they don't work if my ctis otherwise did.

aleigh

If you mean the disaster - I have a water pump coming but need to find a fan. I was going to get around to asking if you had them actually. The rad is blown we think (it's leaking from behind the shroud) but I am going to get it out and see if it can be repaired. I don't know the state of the fan clutch. If you mean CTIS, I think my problem is the pneumatic valve gizmo in the dash but I haven't really worried about that in awhile.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a clutch, fan blade and radiator. The radiator has to go freight. Back to the original post, there are new style wheel valve hosing that eliminate the whole elbow. The hose from the valve to valve stem is all one piece it screws right onto the stem. Not quite as durable as the older elbow style though.

10Lugger

Sometimes found on front tires on the older trucks. So you can quickly flatten the front tires to reduce height. They lead to nothing but problems though. I recommend replacing them with the regular elbows that the rear tires use.

I cleaned it up and reassembled to no avail. Would you happen to have the regular ones? I have two of this type on the truck and would like to replace both. If you or anyone else can help, please let me know.

coachgeo

I cleaned it up and reassembled to no avail. Would you happen to have the regular ones? I have two of this type on the truck and would like to replace both. If you or anyone else can help, please let me know.
Can you plug it with a bolt and Oring..... or maybe have the hole welded shut? See if it i just a standard NPT elbow.......... if it is..... just replace it from local hardware, napa etc?

10Lugger

My CTIS still functions. Tire seems to be holding air overnight. I think the temperature has a lot to do with it. I'm going to change out o-ring next and may shim cap internally. I would like to just switch out though. Thanks

Aernan

Cold weather is here and last night my rear tire went flat. I let the ctis air up the tire then took a spay bottle to it and found the leak at the screw adjustment at the angle valve. I turned screw and deflated tire. I disassembled cap and found valve and o-ring. Looked for info with no luck. Is this serviceable? Number 13 on TM.

Thanks for the photo. Mine is doing the same thing. Parts on order to replace it. Good to know there is an o-ring inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Aernan

How did you get the inner portion out? I was able to take the cap off but that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks