• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeeps and others after WW2 pics

SEAFIRE

Jeeps and other vehicles stockpiled in Japan after WW2, I doubt any of these made it back to the states;

Others;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEAFIRE

Too many tires in Okinawa? No problem, build a furnace, hire locals to burn them, all these and above courtesy of the Life Magazine Archives;

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW , Talk about surplus !!!! I bet most of the MV's were CUT and dumped in the ocean , what a shame . My Navy father told me that when the war ended they were ordered to shove NEW F6F 's over the side as surplus as they needed the room !!!! I guess at the time they were just so much scrap . Boy how times change !!! LOL

SEAFIRE

Few more, amphibious Jeep / Seeps in overseas civilian use in 1947, "Nice" France maybe? again pictures courtesy of Life Magazine archives;

Piper Cub

It sure is amazing just how much equipment there was back then. If only I had a time machine and a couple million dollars! In the future people will probably look back at all lots full of M939s and M35s and think about them like we think of the WWII vehicles.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You BET !!! WOW and at the time it was just so much scrap !!!! I like the the picture of the MB towing two dead MB's with no wheels !!!! LOL

ReoRider

Thanks for the GPA pictures, they were new to me. Certainly makes you think differently about reenactment plans for the summer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks