• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jefferson City 6.2l engine - WON! anybody want ahaul it for $100?

Milkman357

Well I won and 6.2L engine from Jefferson City.....

Anybody wanta haul it? Maybe your gonna be there anyway?

I do have tow bar available if you need to tow home you CUCV...

Maybe you bought something else, room in the back?

If I drive down I will have room in trailer for another engine crate......

$100 or you can have a starter....?

Attachments

Chief_919

Cool, Do those come with the injector pump? Is it out of a hmmwv?

I was down there about 80 miles south picking up a parts m1009 last week.
That one does have an IP, and it is from a HMMWV (you can tell as the intake and exhaust manifolds as well as the fan clutch are different) based on the pictures.

I have purchased several like that, and use them for parts and sell off what I don't need to buy other parts. You can use the 24V HMMWV IP in a CUCV by swapping the top covers with the solenoid. My 94 civy pickup even has a military 6.5 under the hood now.

Milkman357

Only bidder...

I bid $150 and won.....comes to $177 with tax and %10...

I will spend at least $120 in gas too......
and 10 hours of my time......

NOW its getting expensive!

What's it take to test run these?

Chief_919

What's it take to test run these?

I am toying with the idea of trying to test run one in the container. At a minimum you will need-

Starter with 24V (or a 12v starter)
24V swtiched to the IP
24v to the glow plugs
Fuel in and the return line, I suggest an electric pump.
Bypass the oil cooler lines
Radiator or a seatdy source of cool water
belt to turn water pump
make sure all the sending units are in place or plugged
A oild pressure guage somewhere in line

kennyw

I am toying with the idea of trying to test run one in the container. At a minimum you will need-

Starter with 24V (or a 12v starter)
24V swtiched to the IP
24v to the glow plugs
Fuel in and the return line, I suggest an electric pump.
Bypass the oil cooler lines
Radiator or a seatdy source of cool water
belt to turn water pump
make sure all the sending units are in place or plugged
A oild pressure guage somewhere in line
For a short test run of less than a minute, there would be no reason for the radiator, coolant or water pump to be hooked up.

Chief_919

For a short test run of less than a minute, there would be no reason for the radiator, coolant or water pump to be hooked up.
True, however a short run without coolant you are also likely to miss a cracked head, block, or blown head gasket. Given that these engines were removed for one reason or another, I think it is prudent to do a full test run if you are going to bother.

southdave

pardon m62y confusion, but I thought that 24 volt is only concern with the starter side of the harness. the reason i ask I just droped a 92 eng. block# K212 came out of GM truck plant I assumed drop eng. swap starter and go. I know this is gone over and over but there still seams to be alot confusion on this the scheme. same to point that way I read 11.2 volt @ my injector fuel cut off 10.3 @ the glow plugs and 25 volts @ the starter ect...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In order to ground hop in in the can you will have to modify the right rear mount to clear a starter.

Milkman357

Very good

Alot of good info....

I Have to modify the engine crate, buy a fuel pump and starter....hmm I guess my curiosity about the condition of the motor might have to wait for a long time.....untill I need it. :cry:

Thanks for the great info.....as always SS is great! :-D

I was hoping it came with a starter...

6X6 ALL THE WAY

man i don't live to far from jeff city, have picked up a few things from there. I'm headin up to rock island tomorrow night to pick up a few trailers. would have been happy to bring it to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks