• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jimmy Wobble

willysmd

Knowledgeable People

When driving home in the jimmy after picking it up I experienced a "wobble" at approximately 40 mph, it was though the whole of the cab was twisting from side to side (quite violent) and as soon as I slowed down it went, now there was nothing coming through the steering wheel to indicate that the wheels are not balanced and it seemed as I went over a bump it started BUT not every time, has anyone had this with theirs, is it something to do with tyre pressures or dampers etc?? or would the weight of the workshop body on the back have something to do with it.

If someone has any suggestions please let me know, as at 35 mph its nice but slow.

Thanks

acetomatoco

Tire balance and loose ball joints...same thing happens to jeeps... start with wheel balance and then take some shims out of kingpins to tighten them up and slop in tie rod ends and all joints will add up to giant shimmy...toe in needs to be set, too....make sure you have same air pressure and similar tires on both fronts, also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks