• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Join my North Texas Military Vehicle Collector Club PLEASE!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
why not correlate listed names to SS handles & post here if no objections.

That's fine with me - I leave it to each member to identify themselves

"My name is Jim" for those who have MY same illness - aka Wallew

the funny part is I've NEVER been able to remember peoples names, but for some ODD reason I can remember the name of their pets

=================================

on a SIDE NOTE:

MVCC folks - there is the 9th Annual Car Show at the Messiah Baptist Church on 7101 Baker Blvd, Richland Hills - Sat March 24th - 11am -2:30 pm -

We COULD meet here at my place NLT 10 am and then convoy over and set up for the show (or meet there) - after it was over perhaps we could go have lunch?

IF this is something that ANY of the club members wishes to join me, I'm going to contact them and get more info.

Last edited:

Blueduce

Wallew, It looks like where trading places here. You moved from Colorado to Texas and I'm going the other way. I'll be moving up to Douglas county (Castle Rock,CO) this spring. Sorry I missed the meeting this month it sounds like you boys had a big time. I'm in the Waxahachie area now and am retired myself. I would love to attend next months meeting if you'll have me considering I'm leaving in a few months. Maybe I can drag some Colorado contacts out of ya.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely

You MUST contact the MVCC - that's the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado - MVCC Online: Home is the website and they have ALL the contact info.

Phil M and Phil C (70Deuce) and Frank S and John H (SteelandCanvas) are the officers and this is A GREAT GROUP OF FOLKS

You will have a great time and meet a lot of good folks. Sorry to see you go for sure, but if you gotta move from Texas, Colorado is one of the better places to move to. At least it's not Cali (NO OFFENSE TO CALIFORNIA PEOPLE - I just didn't like living there - something about being able to hear gunfire on a Saturday night in Oakland kind of put me off).

BUT make sure to take plenty of cold weather clothes because they are more of a 6 months of winter and 6 months of spring, summer, fall

I'll save a place for you in case you ever come back

K9Vic

I had a good time and the M35A2 from what I say being at night looks really good for a restore. You could see the bed was removed and welded back on in the restoration. So a plus for the Scyros rebuild.

After talking to Wes with his M1009 that I actually looked at when it was for sale on GL, he gave me more ideas where to look at my charging problem. He had those $9 GP relays from eBay and got me thinking about getting one. So on my problematic M1009 rebuild I checked my relay and found it was hot. Turns out is was a Ford relay with a grounded base to one of the small terminals. That was really bad and why my system was stuck at 12v, the relay was basically on all the time. So it was very productive to me as I may have not looked at that for even longer if not talking to Wes about that $9 GP relay.

Next meeting I will either bring my M1009 or M1010, both of them are less military looking then my M1031. Or maybe I will have my restore M1009 done and can bring that to show it to everyone. All that is left now is the interior and that is the easy part.

Gary - K9Vic

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jim,

A little too far for me as well, glad to hear it went good. Good luck and thanks for supporting our Troop. Side note, I met Jim a couple of weeks ago while delivering some MKT stuff he had purchased, really nice guy, and very dedicated to the cause.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jim,

A little too far for me as well, glad to hear it went good. Good luck and thanks for supporting our Troop. Side note, I met Jim a couple of weeks ago while delivering some MKT stuff he had purchased, really nice guy, and very dedicated to the cause.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,

I know, BUT as we discussed, PERHAPS we could start one in YOUR area - a western centric kind of an MVPA (with COWBOY HATS... chuckle) - you guys decide what YOUR CLUB should be, not TOLD what it should be from some place else.

you guys could be the 'Hill Country Detachment' which could cover BOTH San Antonio AND Austin...

just trying to think outside the box...

Dave,

It was great meeting you - did you ever find anything out about those AerVoid's in Ft Worth?

Oh and about my final travel cover - PM me with how you want to handle it... still have not seen the 180MPC's I bought off of Ebay - when they come in - I'll post a pix or two

MAN I LOVE THIS HOBBY

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just met SRAJETK - Tony came by today and picked up the two smaller jack handles I had...

GREAT to meet Tony, super good guy.

MAN I LOVE THIS HOBBY. Great people. Good rides. Fun times...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Website is up.

FIRST PAGE ONLY. I'm letting members check it to make sure everyone can see it. AND hopefully send in pix of THEIR MV's. So the website won't ONLY have my MV's on it.

One of our members has sent in several pix of his vehicles. So I've got to start designing the next couple of pages. I hope to have them done in a day or so. When they are added, I'll post the info here as well as send out an email.

INCLUDING an event calendar page.

oh - the website is - Military Vehicle Collector Club

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Page two and page three have been uploaded.

Go to the first page and then click on the 'Who/What' link on the left hand side. From there, you will who and what the MVCC is. The last link on the left hand side is 'Members Rides' and it's the THIRD page that's up. Check out some of our members rides, current or past.

KEEP THE PIX COMIN FOLKS!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:popcorn:Finally have some time to check it out......

Dianna is home from the hospital and sleeping like a baby. I'm in "Daze & Confused Mode" but catching up on email and SS stuff.

.... OK, checked it out. NICE... Keep us informed of updates please :popcorn:

Last edited:

dabtl

You folks are all invited to the Medal of Honor Parade in Gainesville, Texas, on the morning of April 14, 2012.

Join with Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapt. 920, at 7:30 am in the parking lot at 2038 W University Dr, Denton, TX, for the convoy to Gainesville, Texas and parade.

You will meet many more MV owners and friends.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You folks are all invited to the Medal of Honor Parade in Gainesville, Texas, on the morning of April 14, 2012.

Join with Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapt. 920, at 7:30 am in the parking lot at 2038 W University Dr, Denton, TX, for the convoy to Gainesville, Texas and parade.

You will meet many more MV owners and friends.

dabtl,

The NEXT PAGE I put up will be the calendar of events page - this is going on it and I PERSONALLY will try to attend

thx for the heads up! And it has been added to our When/Where page (calendar event)

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really enjoyed the last 'meeting' even though I had to arrive early and leave early. I apologize for showing up early but I am glad it was not a burden. I hope your buddy will consider staying a while, but I guess he has family in CO. He sure is knowledgeable on diesels.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's already on his way back home. HOWEVER, I'm going to go get him some time this summer. He is giving me a set of 8 lug 3/4 ton axles. I'll got them and him. He's going to help me swap them under my M1009 Blazer.

SO, he should be back in the next two or three months. Check the When/Where page on the web site. I added a few things

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks