• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Join my North Texas Military Vehicle Collector Club PLEASE!!

doc76016

Been seriously busy since the first of the year and just now checked in for the first time in months. I'd like to join up. I'm in Arlington. I have an M35, a Ferret, and a Fox.

Blueduce

Doc we would love to have you. Please check out our website listed on the prior pages of this thread. I know it's real short notice but our next meeting is tomorrow morning at Jim's house at 10:00. Please let Jim or I know if you can make it and need directions. PM sent.

K9Vic

Been seriously busy since the first of the year and just now checked in for the first time in months. I'd like to join up. I'm in Arlington. I have an M35, a Ferret, and a Fox.
Were you on NBC 5 news a few years ago about your Ferret that you drive to work? I know there are other Ferret locally, but since you are also in Arlington thought this may be you.

The local news link is gone after NBC 5 changed their web page, but I found this one.

Texas Man Drives Street-Legal Tank To Work | ksdk.com

Video on Live Leak.
LiveLeak.com - Man Drives Tank To Work.

Hope to see you at the meeting tomorrow, even if you drive your normal car it is a good time.

doc76016

Doc we would love to have you. Please check out our website listed on the prior pages of this thread. I know it's real short notice but our next meeting is tomorrow morning at Jim's house at 10:00. Please let Jim or I know if you can make it and need directions. PM sent.
Sorry. Didn't see this until just now. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, though, as I just got home from a rough 24-hour shift at 0700 this morning and promptly crashed until about 1300. Appreciate the invitation. Will try very hard to make be next one.

doc76016

Were you on NBC 5 news a few years ago about your Ferret that you drive to work? I know there are other Ferret locally, but since you are also in Arlington thought this may be you.

The local news link is gone after NBC 5 changed their web page, but I found this one.

Texas Man Drives Street-Legal Tank To Work | ksdk.com

Video on Live Leak.
LiveLeak.com - Man Drives Tank To Work.

Hope to see you at the meeting tomorrow, even if you drive your normal car it is a good time.
Sherlock Holmes would be proud of you. Yes, that's me. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Will try to make the next one.

mdh

Blueduce

Doc,

If you get a chance, check out our MVCC website. We have a new member "Hawkeye" who is also a member of the "CAF" (Commeritave air force) Ft Worth wing at Meacham field in Ft. Worth. They are having a fly in on 21st and where trying to set up a static display for them. We would love to see you there.

Glenn.

Blueduce

fuzzy, We'd love to have ya for how ever long you can give us. If you go to the MVCC (listed in this thread) web site and fill out the info on the application page we will put you on the mailing list and get you into the system. I know the app page asks for $30 dues. Please disregard. We are not asking for dues because this is only our first year.

Glenn.

ntxcop

I just sent a message and would like to join up with you guys!

I'm hoping to be the proud new owner of a 5 Ton by the end of the month.

Can't wait to meet you all!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see that I am not the only one who rises early. I have been up since 4:30 AM, but the chores are best done during the cooler hours.

Welcome to the club, and I am sure you will be contacted soon!

Blueduce

I just sent a message and would like to join up with you guys!

I'm hoping to be the proud new owner of a 5 Ton by the end of the month.

Can't wait to meet you all!
If you haven't yet, check out our website at militaryvehiclecollectorclub.com It will give you the low down on the club info. Our next club meeting is on the 18th of Aug. We hope to see you there. PM sent with contact phone numbers.

Blueduce

I see the next meeting is this Saturday but I can't find when and where. I have a lot of commitments but I'll try to make it if possible.
Hey Doc, the next meeting has been changed to Sat the18th. We will be meeting at Jim's house in keller,TX (PM sent with address/numbers) We usually take the MV’s to lunch after the meeting.
After the meeting we plan on driving our MV's to go see the new expendables II movie.
This month is the first time we will be doing the movie thing. Please don’t feel obligated to either lunch or the movie. We know that not everyone is retired like Jim and I. We would love to see ya even if you pop your head in for a few minutes.

Jim and I went to talk to the GM of the Cinemark on Sage Meadow Trl in Ft.Worth. He is excited to have us and will be reserving spaces for our MV's right out front of the theater. We have not nailed down the movie time yet as that week’s schedule is not out yet. I'm sure it will be sometime in the afternoon on the 18th.

It is not a requirement to bring your MV to any of our meetings. We do however like to check out the toys of our new members and get picks for our MVCC website. We completely understand if you can’t bring the Ferret or the Fox but maybe you could bring the Deuce.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doc and ntxcop,

Check your emails. I've sent both you guys contact info. WE WOULD LOVE to have you join us.

The whole point of our club is to get to take our 'toys' out and show them off to other people in a positive light.

And yeah, we are gonna go over to the Cinemark Theater next Saturday, Aug 18th and go see 'The Expendable2' movie. Blueduce and I talked to the manager yesterday and he indicated he might let us show our vehicles in front of the theater. We will see.

IF NOTHING ELSE, we can do a 'mini-convoy' from my place over to the theater, watch the show and then go eat lunch.

LOVE TO HAVE BOTH YOU GUYS JOIN US.

any questions, shoot me a PM or an email

jim

ntxcop

Saturday

I'll be there Saturday!

What a sensory overload - meeting everyone for the first time, seeing your "babies" that you've all spent so much blood, sweat, and tears fixing up, convoying to the movie theatre, AND seeing a movie with CHUCK NORRIS in it.

This is the recipe for the ULTIMATE MAN DAY! UHUHUH (beating chest)

See you all Saturday!

Blueduce

I'll be there Saturday!

What a sensory overload - meeting everyone for the first time, seeing your "babies" that you've all spent so much blood, sweat, and tears fixing up, convoying to the movie theatre, AND seeing a movie with CHUCK NORRIS in it.

This is the recipe for the ULTIMATE MAN DAY! UHUHUH (beating chest)

See you all Saturday!
No doubt, The only thing missing from the "ultimate Man day" is the keg and the dancing girls. LOL We'll see ya there

Blueduce

Attention all MVCC club members. We will be attending the "War birds on Parade" air show on Saturday the 1st of September.

As you may know Jim has been a bit under the weather for the past few weeks. He has asked me to spearhead this show for us. I have contacted Charley Wood. He is the commander of the Dallas wing of the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) and the coordinator for this show.
He said this show is one of the "do not miss" Military shows in Dallas. They had 4 to 6 thousand people visit last year and expert just as many this year. They must have a dozen MV collector clubs like ours registered. The cool part is they also have reenactors dressed in Military period uniforms, Communication tents with working WWII radios calling for fire. They even have a man that does a WWII Airborne display that is unbelievable.
We get in for free and every club member get's a free lunch voucher. Jim will bring a 10x10 popup tent for shade. He will also have his cammo netting for shade and display. We will have a cooler or two with ice and drinks. So, just bring yourself, your MV, the family and have a blast.
The show is only one day. Saturday the 1st from 10 to 4. Mr. Wood said that because there are so many MV club's and reeinactors there that we need to be there no later than 07:30 to get a good spot. Because of the limited display space at this show. I need to get a head count no later than this Monday the 27th. PM meto let me know if you can attend.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Link to air show site[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Commemorative Air Force Dallas / Fort Worth Wing - Texas [/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks