• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just another buyer beware GL thread

Sephirothq

Just out to air my issues and warn some members about a new trend at GL. In addition to the higher buyer fee. Enjoy the 12%+ you have to watch out for reserve not met auctions.

I was unaware of these. I put down my highest bid and walked away. It was reserve not met and I figured ok by me I don't want to spend any more. What I didn't notice was the bid was now at my highest price. A few days later after the auction was over, I won the auction in which i had not won when it ended at my highest bid price. The next lowest bidder was several $100 below mine around $400.

the buyer's fee and tax on the buyers fee added another $170 or so on top, so keep in mind the extra fees add up quick.

And the real kicker is the GL oldie but goodie. If you don't inspect you will get burned. And boy did I get burned I talked to the guy about loading my trailer on Monday and they cut it apart, this was not mentioned in the description by the way, but looking closely at the pictures it is visible. So it is not new damage. If I would have looked at it first I would have known better. So bottom line inspect your stuff. I don't need to be told this one again so save your comments on it.

I just hope they don't completely ruin my item in the loading process. It looks like it is going to be a problem, that was the reason I called to check on it. Otherwise I could just go right to the scrap yard and waste about $600 and a day of my time. Think bent hydraulic cylinder rods, they are all the way out and the hoses are cut, not removed. I guess they did this to remove the oil, but they will make a huge mess anyway and now the cylinders are going to have water in them. It is outside and it has been raining.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks