• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a 2W,M116A2 generator trailer

harleyhouse

Well I guess I have the green disease, I bought my second trailer.
I won an offer on Ebay and now need to go get it.
I was looking for anouther M116 frame to build from and now I have it.

Any info on this model would be helpful.
harleyhouse

"Off to HF to get some magnetic trailer lights for the trip home."

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They "buy it now" wasn't bad. The "already bought it" is great. That price makes it worth the ride to VA. I think I saw a smiliar trailer on GL sporting 2 gensets. Might be worth snooping around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick up on thursday, 257 miles, Taking spares, a jack zip ties, and HF magnetic lights.
Hope to be an uneventful trip.
Should be a breeze. Once over on the bearings, once over on the tires and hit the road. Trailer recoveries are the best, they rarely strand you!

harleyhouse

The trip was an easy drive to the beautiful Shango Valley of Virginia
we left at 4:30am got there at 9:10am very little traffic at that time.

Hitched it up, zip tied the light bar and pa plate on and away we went.
the trailer followed along nice, the bearings stayed cool and we did get some odd looks on the way home, Bright RED crew cab pulling a military trailer, Odd combo.

It was nice to spend the day with my father and the one on one time we had was good.
he was tired when we got home at 3:00 pm but did not complain about the ride.

What a difference between the roads in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Pa needs to step up and get better at maintance.

This weekend I will be stripping off the unneeded parts to sell and scrapping the cage and parts I don't use. I lucked out The cage is aluminum. It will be scrapped.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news. I think you did real well with that purchase. Any future plans? Bugout II trailer? You know, it's only going to be a matter of time before the desire for a truck leaches into your system. LOL

Nonotagain

What a difference between the roads in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Pa needs to step up and get better at maintance.
Pennsylvania only has two snow plows, ones in the museum and the other is in the shop.:)

Virginia roads don't experience as much freeze/thaw as do the roads in Pennsylvania.

I drive down I-81 from I-70 in Maryland, thru West Virginia to the Shanndoah Valley and you see the same poor road conditions in West Virginia.

I-81 north to Chambersburgh in Pennsylvania is the same way, poor roads.

harleyhouse

Spent the day removing the extra parts not needed A hundred pounds of aluminum cage, fifty pounds of steel brackets and thirty pounds of grade eight bolts. Hope to make the cost of the trailer back.

Looks like a great start.
I did find a black widow spider that made it back from Virginia.

Attachments

harleyhouse

The trip to the scrap yard with the trailer parts gave me $105.00 off the cost of the trailer.
I listed all the other items removed in the classified section.

I think this is the look I am shooting for.

Attachments

rickf

Nice deal on the trailer. All you guy complaining about the roads in Pa. need to take a drive through NJ. Pick a road, any road. You will NEVER complain about Pa. roads again!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks