• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just drove my new m35a2 home

Dieselking22

I bought this deuce and a half for $1800 I think i stole this thing. This has been one of my dreams since I was a kid to have a deuce. It is awesome! I bought it near Charlotte NC and drove to mocksville NC it took me around 2 and a half hours. The only problem it has is none of the lights work not even the brake lights nor the turn signals just no lights on the vehicle works. Has any body else had this problem? Here is my beauty!

swampzr2

I don't see any pictures???

I bought this deuce and a half for $1800 I think i stole this thing. This has been one of my dreams since I was a kid to have a deuce. It is awesome! I bought it near Charlotte NC and drove to mocksville NC it took me around 2 and a half hours. The only problem it has is none of the lights work not even the brake lights nor the turn signals just no lights on the vehicle works. Has any body else had this problem? Here is my beauty!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know how to work the light switch ? it sounds like the blackout lights are on.
You have move the lower right lever up to unlock , then move the top lever to the right.
have you downloaded the TM's from the resources section yet ? You really need to read the TM 9-2330-361-10 before doing much driving .

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know how to work the light switch ? it sounds like the blackout lights are on.
You have move the lower right lever up to unlock , then move the top lever to the right.
have you downloaded the TM's from the resources section yet ? You really need to read the TM 9-2330-361-10 before doing much driving .
I had a customer who recently purchased a duce from someone in fl that could not get his lights to work. He said he would pay me $100 to come look at the lights. Found the blackout light switch was on. :idea:

Dieselking22

Thanks that all good news but i looked under the dash where the 3 way switch is and i have some hanging wires, I crimped the wires together and still nothing. I dont really know how to work the light switch either.
Im planning on reading some of them manuals tonight tho
But heres a picture of the truck and a video!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SrPIjvgjE0&list=UUlzzBO_QgIZzwJMoBWvGDhQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/media]

Attachments

Last edited:

kc4wd

Welcome! I also bought mine close to Charlotte. That is a good deal for that truck. Seems to run well. Good to see more NC Deuces.

poppop

Tracing out light problems can be a bit$h. I have spent several hours tring to get the lights on my M151 to work again. Turns out I probably had a short that fried my three lever switch. My replacement switch did not work also. I took a switch out of my duece today after I saw it work the lights and installed it in the Jeep. Still no lights. Turns out either the high beans or low were not working so all my testing still did not work. When I switched beams it worked. I now have all lights working. I have learned quit a bit so maybe I can help you. First you have to be sure you have a hot wire coming in. When you unscrew the big coupler from behind the three lever switch you will see a locater pin at the bottom. Counting from there clockwise the hot lead is the third pin. Check to see if it is hot. It should be hot all the time. If it is then the pin inboard to the right is the headlight pin. Run a jumper to it and see if you have lights, they shoud work in low and high. If that lead is hot and the lights don't work then you have a wiring problem after the switch. If they do work then the switch could be bad. Check continuity between those two pins. My two switches that were bad had no continuity. You can take the switch apart and clean the contacts and maybe make it work. But first smell it and see if it smells burnt, mine did so it was fried in a place that is not accesible and not repairable.

poppop

Someone posted a wiring diagram while I was typing. That is good but hard for me to trace. There is a post on reparing a three lever switch that gives the pin locations and is a very good writeup. If I were better with computers I would post the link, But do a search on three lever light switches and I think it will show up.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone posted a wiring diagram while I was typing. That is good but hard for me to trace. There is a post on reparing a three lever switch that gives the pin locations and is a very good writeup. If I were better with computers I would post the link, But do a search on three lever light switches and I think it will show up.
Wasit this thread? Light switch modification

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks