• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up my first M1009

Onestar

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my first M1009 a couple days ago, and am new to this forum. I have a couple immediate things I need to do like look at the back brakes they are sticking. Also I need to check the batteries, I'm not sure they are charging properly. I think I may have fixed the shifting issue already.

Also wanted to see who else is in the Norther Virgina area.

dmilkman589

as far as the back brake, i had the same thing, i just ended up taking out all the springs and such and spraying everything like crazy with brake clean. have been fairly good ever since.

Onestar

Thanks, thats exactly what I am planning to do when I get off work. I may even look into replacing them because the previous owner admitted to having no idea how to work on vehicles so I doubt they were ever touched.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Make sure you visit the Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information.

You need to download the repair manuals. You can get then for free. A couple of our members have posted them on their websites.

www.jatonkam35s.com
www.liberatedmanuals.com

The wiring diagrams are in the appendix of the -20 and -34 manuals.

Also checkout the CUCV stickys. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

Three of the most important tools you can buy are:

Digital Voltmeter and know how to use it - ~$10 and up
12v Battery Charger - ~$50 for a decent one
Battery Load Tester - ~$30 for an okay one at Harbor Freight

Warthog

cucv1833

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my first M1009 a couple days ago, and am new to this forum. I have a couple immediate things I need to do like look at the back brakes they are sticking. Also I need to check the batteries, I'm not sure they are charging properly. I think I may have fixed the shifting issue already.

Also wanted to see who else is in the Norther Virgina area.
nopics

Welcome to the site.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And welcome to Steel Soldiers. There are a few resources in NO VA so hang in there until folks start seeing you. Oh, dmilkman, welcome aboard to you too Sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks