• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just wanted to share!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up 11 Goodyear tires on rims, from member jappel's compound, in 80% or better shape! Now it's out with the old, in with the new! Thanks to Jason for the tires, and John for the help. Truly good people.

Between the tire change and my air brake switch upgrade kit, I can't wait to get wrenching!

Just thought I'd share with everyone. :beer:

rrrr

Always fun doing upgrades. I'm in the middle of putting 395's on mine as well as a passenger spring seat and instrument upgrades.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're Goodyear 11.00 x 20. I'll get the model numbers when I get home. I'll get some pics up after I get them mounted, hopefully by the weekend or so....

rrrr

Your speedometer will be off by about 4mph slow. All you need is a 5 ton speedo adapter to make the correction.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
John is a great guy to deal with. I have a set of those on the deuce I sold and then bought back. They run great on the road. I can get 60+ at 2300 rpm.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're Goodyear G286 tires. I figured since I'm using the truck on the road 99% of the time, I needed something with better all around performance. I'm aware of how NDCCs perform in the rain and snow and didn't care for that experience myself. The only off road I do is across a field or up a dirt road.

Bigmanbrock07

Any pictures of how you're actually mounting them up? I've never had to mount a big rig style tire so I don't have a clue. :confused:

Just simple tire spoons and a big hammer or are these things so tough you guys are using machines for big rigs of some sorts?

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any pictures of how you're actually mounting them up? I've never had to mount a big rig style tire so I don't have a clue. :confused:

Just simple tire spoons and a big hammer or are these things so tough you guys are using machines for big rigs of some sorts?
I'm not actually mounting them. Luckily they came on the rim. I'm just cleaning them up and putting them on. Unfortunately I have hit a snag. The last dual lugs were put on entirely too tight. I got all of the outside lugs off, and 5 of the inner thimbles using a deuce lug wrench and six foot bar. The fifth one had to be heated quite a bit before it gave in, and the sixth one is still on there. We heated it until it was red and it still wouldn't let go. It looks like I'm either going to have to take it to the truck shop or I'll have to cut it off.

aua

Bigmanbrock07

Best of luck with that last one. It's always one that has to cause issues huh. :?

Keep us updated on what it takes to get it cleaned up. Once I finally get mine home the first thing I'm doing it tearing town the tires and brakes and going through them as it leaks fluid right now. I'm not looking forward to this at all seeing some of the trouble others have had.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It actually wasn't bad at all, until I got to the lugs that Soldier 2 ran on with a Superman torque wrench. The longest amount of time was taken cleaning and painting the wheels. I was anticipating that it would be a lot more worse than it turned out to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks