• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keith's M1078A1 Project Overland

ramdough

My suggestion to everyone with an ECM would be to take your truck to your location CAT service center and have them save your settings and keep them on file.
That seams like a good idea. I am surprised (and kind of not surprised) that the programs are not already available to them from their own databases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1951M1078

Along with all the fluids being drained it was also missing the batteries and the battery cover. Keeping with the thought of easy servicing I wanted to use a common battery. After doing the research and some measurements I decided to go with the more common battery and used 4 of the Group 31C batteries. Here is the result. In addition the original cables wouldn't work so I made the connections using silver plated copper buss bars from McMaster.
View attachment 639698View attachment 639699View attachment 639700View attachment 639701View attachment 639702
Keith, did you make any drawings of the battery base and top mount ?

ramdough

I did this a couple months ago and haven't had time to post it.
I wanted a strong drop hitch and didn't want it to be a permanent fixture and this was my solution.
View attachment 662463View attachment 662464View attachment 662465
So now a standard receiver is at the correct height and sticks out away from the vehicle to prevent the trailer binding during sharp turns.
I must have missed this before. I really like your drop hitch solution. Are those two standard 2" hitch receivers welded onto a custom cross bar bolted into your frame? Any pics from underneath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

I did this a couple months ago and haven't had time to post it.
I wanted a strong drop hitch and didn't want it to be a permanent fixture and this was my solution.
View attachment 662463View attachment 662464View attachment 662465
So now a standard receiver is at the correct height and sticks out away from the vehicle to prevent the trailer binding during sharp turns.
Looks like that might could store little out of the way (least when it comes to ground clearance) by pulling it out, flipping it over and reinstalling. How do you store it on the rig, or is it a shelf item at home?

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are ford f150 take outs of the front center seat. If I remember correctly its a few years around 2010-2015???. I'm guessing from fleet trucks and they remove them and install arm rest or something. Then I found some good quality seat covers from seat covers unlimited the tailor made ones.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can’t believe no one in Florida wants the set of seats! I can possibly meet you in the middle if that helps out. I hate to see them collect dust in the corner of the garage.

Ambeihl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I was in Florida I would have picked them up the day you posted this but TN is just too far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been a while since I've updated everyone on my project. So I'll try and get everyone up to speed.
8 months ago I brought the interior up to date and Installed power windows, power door locks, RFID keyless start, backup camera, touch screen stereo, 2" of sound proofing and heat insulation covering the roof and side panels, floor coatings with custom floor mat covering the entire floor, custom storage boxes behind the seats, bucket seats with arm rests, under seat lock boxes, new air bags for the air ride system, cruise control, changed out the Gen1 ac unit and installed the Gen2 unit and getting 20 degree colder temps, I'm sure I'm forgetting other things but here are some pictures.

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
It's been a while since I've updated everyone on my project. So I'll try and get everyone up to speed.
8 months ago I brought the interior up to date and Installed power windows, power door locks, RFID keyless start, backup camera, touch screen stereo, 2" of sound proofing and heat insulation covering the roof and side panels, floor coatings with custom floor mat covering the entire floor, custom storage boxes behind the seats, bucket seats with arm rests, under seat lock boxes, new air bags for the air ride system, cruise control, changed out the Gen1 ac unit and installed the Gen2 unit and getting 20 degree colder temps, I'm sure I'm forgetting other things but here are some pictures.
I'm just about to.do.the.power windows and locks.
Any advice, tips, tricks or pics of your install?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks