• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kentucky area get together!!!! knob creek October 2010

are you show'n up?

• Total voters

Strykerboy

"The Machine Gun Shoot is a semi annual event typically held on the second weekend of April and October. The next Machine Gun Shoot takes place on October 8th, 9th & 10th 2010."

"The participants are machine gun dealers, collectors and enthusiast from all over the country. The Machine Gun Shoot itself consist of four rounds of firing at a wide variety of appliances, vehicles, pyramids of tires, and barrels of fuel with pyrotechnic charges attached. The pyrotechnic charges are then painted orange for the shooter to see. The charges are set off by the impact of the bullets. Creating large and small mushroom clouds and fire balls from ****!! (Click here to see a video of one of our machine gun shoots) Their objective is to destroy everything down range. A wide variety of rare and exotic weaponry will be on display for all to see. Such as Water Cooled Brownings, Mini-guns, AK-47's, MG-42's, Tommy Guns, M-16's, Vickers Belt Fed, Uzi's, MP5's & many others too numerous to mention."

Knob Creek Gun Range - General Info: Directions, Hours, Rates, Memberships, etc.

• "Camping at Knob Creek Gun Range is offered on a first come first serve basis and is pro-rated. Those arriving Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will pay $50.00 per person, campers setting up Thursday will pay $40.00 per person, campers setting up Friday will pay $30.00 per person and campers setting up Saturday will pay $20.00 per person. Campers under 18 are free if accompanied by their parents. Be advised there are no electric or water hookups, however Port-A- Pots are available.
  • General admission -- Adults $10.00 a day. Children under 12 $5.00 a day."

I plan on going all three day's so look for me well now I'm camping

Attachments

Last edited:

Strykerboy

i live so close that i really have no reason to camp but i am thinking about it seeing as i can get an army tent and heater rather easily seeing as I'm in the army and all :grin:
if i do get a big azz tent i will need some help setting it up so if some of you guys show up it would be good and we can make the tent our command post.

jime

I've always wanted to go, but have never gone. Gonna try to make it. I'm building an M2HB and need parts. Just hope I've got some money! :roll:

6x6guy

I'll be there, no trucks but the mule as always will be in attendance.
If you haven't camped at the creek, it's experience with lots of great people in attendence
sharing a common factor, meeting old friends and making new friends and just having
a great time. Your neighbors stoping by to introduce themselves and share a couple of stories and some food at your campfire.
When it's over- you start planing the next camping trip to Knob Creek to make it better the next time out. Haven't missed a outing since I was introduce to Creek yet. :grin:

Strykerboy

I have decided I'm going to camp it out at the creek this year seeing as i haven't done it yet and if i get to cold my arctic heater will save me and i wont have to buy as much ice for my cooler of beer and steak's !

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always try and make it once a year. I missed the spring shoot so I guess it's time to make my yearly visit. A group of us always go up there. I'll have to check with everybody to see what day we are going.

The only reason I hate going is, I spend too much d*** money. Lots of expensive goodies.

barrygar8

i will be there friday and saturday we stay in a hotel for the hot water and soft beds we have a white trailer with big boy toys on the sides that we park in the top parking lot left side going in where we cook burgers and dogs we set around and talk abought guns,trucks and all the world problems we have a good time rain or shine bring lots of money you will need it for all the things you will want to get.

jime

My better half has said she is interested in making the trip with me. Thought we may make a camping weekend out of it. Athough she will sleep in a tent, she's gotta have a shower house and decent potty.:roll: What are the facilities like?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks