• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kinda bummed... Sold M932A2

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sold the M932A2 today...just cleaning house. Now, I thought my truck was bada**, this setup looks awesome going down the road.
the new owner flat towed it home 5hrs away.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2012-06-02 GAFB Static Displays 063.jpg . 2012-06-02 GAFB Static Displays 060.jpg
I dream of someday AIRLIFTING as a recovery option... Maybe from the HAWAII auction site where closing prices are notoriously LOW.

It's said in the Bible:

Proverbs 29:18
King James Version (KJV)

18 Where there is no vision (dream), the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I dream of someday AIRLIFTING as a recovery option... Maybe from the HAWAII auction site where closing prices are notoriously LOW.

When I was in Germany back in the 70's the Air Force had a craft shop where you could work on your civilian vehicle.

They also had a huge yard of vehicles that had been abandoned by military guys when they PCS'd back to the states.

You could strip parts off these vehicles and a lot of them were Volkswagon Beatles.

One time when I was scrounging parts for a German Ford van I had I met a couple of Air Force guys pulling the engines out of the Bugs.

I got to talking to them and they were crew members on a C-141 cargo plane that made a stop in Frankfurt every week with a two day layover.

On their down time they would get all the VW engines they could find and load them on their plane and haul them back to the West Coast and sell them.

Pretty good deal when Uncle Sam is paying the freight.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 638490 . View attachment 638491

It's said in the Bible:

Proverbs 29:18
King James Version (KJV)

18 Where there is no vision (dream), the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Im superintendent for an Aerial port. Hickam is a yearly destination for my guys, but getting a piece of rolling stock on a C17 or C5 back to Travis is a pipe dream if its not Govt vehicle or a PCS.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im superintendent for an Aerial port. Hickam is a yearly destination for my guys, but getting a piece of rolling stock on a C17 or C5 back to Travis is a pipe dream if its not Govt vehicle or a PCS.
Who said "on a government plane???

I WANT a C-130 (or newer/larger) of my own for these recoveries ! ! !

Oh, and a surplussed airfield would be handy to have too.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doggone it, ColdWarrior, you missed out on your airfield! Some years ago GL sold a big wood box with a rolled up canvas (I think that was the material) fake airstrip in it, the centerline and other details painted on it, evidently to fake out the enemy and draw attacks away from the real field. Well, on second thought, maybe that would not help you with your dream----??!! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks