• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Klr 250 1030 clone

RAYZER

So I needed a bigger bike for the woods and street to replace the ke 100 that resided on the back of the camper when in route to an MV rally somewhere.
I was originally looking for the klr 650 to convert but thought it was physically to large for the application so went with the 250.
Found this 96 with 8k miles on her and preceded to strip her down for paint, service and replacement of all the stuff missing.
Installed new tubes and shinko 700 tires,
New sprockets and oring chain, military handle bars with bull bar ( thanks mwmules! ) and made a new seat cover to replace the blue one!
I've been riding her around town and love this bike, it's fast, light and does well off road!
I'm still looking for the military brush guard and luggage rack to complete the look, but think I'll not install the blackout lights or stencil it up, I think it looks cleaner as is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They referred to that as "Barbie" colors. Looks good Ray and if you change your mind I think I still have a few of the USMC decals for the side plastic I can bring down to the Ga Rally.
Barbie.jpg

Last edited:

RAYZER

Very nice. What paint did you use?
I think gsi (lable missing),single stage enamal, it was free from a friend, it's a ww2 color,
For the black, I used rustolium high performance in the tall can.

Wire Fox

Very nice! I actually have been wanting to do the same thing with a 250-class dual-sport bike. I was going to go all-out and drop in the blackout lights and was going to rack it up on an airlift bumper on my HMMWV for the "scout work" when off-roading. Really sharp work you've done.
On M1009
marineB1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Ray. Talking about Barbie colors I got this to throw in the back of the trailer so I don't have to walk to the showers at the Ga. rally. One rattle can of 383 and it might look ok.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks good Ray. Talking about Barbie colors I got this to throw in the back of the trailer so I don't have to walk to the showers at the Ga. rally. One rattle can of 383 and it might look ok.
James is that a 50 or an 80?

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Ray,
I remember having to help you put the 100 cc bike up on the back of your truck last year after a meet. That 250cc would kill both of us if we tried that hand loading stunt. The crane you have now is a much better idea & safer too! You new bike looks very good indeed.

RAYZER

So I got the front lift/tie down attachments fabricated and installed, made up some straps and got it airborne!
Still need to figure out and make the rear
Lift attachment points.

Having fun on this bike, put a couple hundred miles on her!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got the front lift/tie down attachments fabricated and installed, made up some straps and got it airborne!
Still need to figure out and make the rear
Lift attachment points.

Having fun on this bike, put a couple hundred miles on her!

Why are these pictures coming up as upload links?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks