• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

known issues with the M880 series.

bill3542

was wanting to find out from the group here on known issues with the M880.

over the last 27 years mine has been the following issues with most being repaired.

weak horn, still have issues.
wiring issues, as in things quit working. usually had to run a bypass wire or poor grounds.
windshield wiper arm bushings, got this fixed with Dorman bushings.
water leaks to the inside, mostly cured.
takes forever to fully warm up. still have issues, thermostat been replaced 3 times.
blowed seals on NP203 transfer case causing transmission fluid to be pushed into transfer case.
this was fixed.
glove box falls apart.
drive line vibrations. fixed with rebuilt front driveshaft and replaced all U-joints.

so any other issues i gotta look for with age... any hints would help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rust holes in the tank fuel pickup
Cab rusting from the inside out along the roof seams
Hard starting after sitting for days
Ammeter melting

bill3542

thanks NDT, you nailed 3 things i left out.

i replaced the sending unit on mine.
i am getting the cab issues.
also get the hard start issue.
so far the Amp gauge has been ok.

good body parts are hard to come by. i've been lucky so far with this issue and found two nice doors off a 1976 D100 farm truck that didn't see salt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks