• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest addition to the Bob'd list...

mudguppy

well, just wanted to introduce the newest asset to the community. :grin:

specs:
  • 16.00-20 XZLs
  • hardtop w/ visor
  • winch truck
  • rear 12k# electric winch
  • 6" lift springs
  • PSC hydro steering kit
  • OEM ultra lockers front and rear
  • OEM lockout hubs
  • custom rear traction bars
  • stock multi (for now...)
special thanks to:

Scott (tie6044) - for getting top notch OEM parts at unbeatable prices
Eric (heavy)- for putting up w/ ever-changing schedules and making delivery happen at rock bottom pricing
Jim (cavemantrucks)- for your hard work in putting this truck together to my exact specifications and going the extra mile with only top-quality in mind

some photos (more in my albums):

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Wow, now that is the nicest Bob'd deuce I have ever seen!!! And I don't even like the Bob'd idea but this makes me reconsider! Nice job!, actually outstanding job BZ

Last edited:

mudguppy

yep - takes off pretty much perfect in 1st-Hi. my idle is a tad low for my liking, but doesn't effect take-off.

power is low, but i don't have a pyro yet and have no idea where the fuel is set. drives fine around town and on the flats - just slows down on inclines / hills. i'll probably get a guage so i can turn my fuel up even before the 6bta swap.

Parker2

For those asking about the visor. I emailed caveman trucks about it awhile back. He will sell them. At that time he wanted $250.00. I dont know if thats still the price.
I built my own instead.

Luke

Do you think if you would have used the same size tires that acceleration or top speed would increase? How much weight do you think you removed?

mudguppy

Do you think if you would have used the same size tires that acceleration or top speed would increase? ...
i don't understand the question - what size tires, stock size? if the stock tires were used, i would most definitely think that the acceleration would have increased, probably substantially. probably not a real gain in top end, however, since you'll still be limited by rpm.

... How much weight do you think you removed?
between what was removed and what was added, she's at 11,000 lbs now - so about a 2k lb saving over a stock cargo. would probably be just under 10k if stock tires and suspension was used.

justcruzin76

the truck is sweet

The custom springs you used in the front . could they be used in the back instead of the blocks? are they strong enough? the front is heavier than the rear correct ? I really like the way the front is done they look like belong there.

mudguppy

thanks for the compliments.

The custom springs you used in the front . could they be used in the back instead of the blocks? ...
yes - it was an option. i chose to go with the stock-height springs and blocks because i knew that the traction bars would take care of any axle wrap. and with a light rear-end, i wanted a relatively flat spring to keep a good ride. so i saved money, eliminated axle wrap, and am happy with the ride.

with the amount of slop in the driveline when off-roading, i'm sold that every bob'd deuce would benefit from having some sort of traction bars / locating links on the rear.

... are they strong enough? ...
yes - the rear springs are deuce front springs. while i don't know the spring rate of the new front springs, i would have to assume that they're similar to the stock spring rates. so they would be 'strong enough' depending on how much weight you want to carry in the rear.

... the front is heavier than the rear correct ? ...
yes. i haven't been to the scales, but another member with a similar setup reported around 7400 front and 4000 on the rear. i believe my truck had similar weight numbers.

however, since the engine/trans swap, i estimate that i have lost about 500 lbs off of the front. i need to hit the scales, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks