• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Latest Update on M725

Wascanimal

This is an update on a M725 I purchased a few years back. It was all original and rust free. 230 Tornado is still kicking and running stronger than ever with updated components. Plugs, hoses, belts etc. It still has the original Dana 44's and 5.88 gearing.

I purchased it still looking like an ambulance with the red cross markings. I changed that up for the company sign as a decal over the crosses. It's now used as a service truck for Boats/Marine repair work. It only has to service a 15 mile area as it hauls its cargo from site to site doing repair work. The area is hilly so the 4-speed and 5.88 gearing work perfect for its travels. Changing up to new Autolite 2344 plugs and gapping to 0.030 really helped to enhance the power of the Tornado. It climbs the slopes with a lot more gusto now.

This M725 does a fantastic job for what I need it to do. Can't say enough good things about this beast.

[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From what I remember, its a dana 60 front and 70 rear. Yes it has the smaller axle shafts in the front, but its still considered a 60.

Good lookin truck and great setting for that 2nd pic!

67Beast

Nice looking M725, looks very solid. Also looks like it may have one of my decal kits on it. As for spark plugs, the Autolite 2407 is a little better of an option as they have a shorter body so that it makes it easier to install the waterproof plug caps. The extra room is a big help getting the caps on straight and having the room to tighten them. There was some discussion about them a couple of years ago on the M715zone.com http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26295 Good luck and have fun with a cool old ambulance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks