• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking Deuce

anthony3478

ok guys I have a gear oil leak that is running between the inner and outer wheels on the center axle, left side, where, and what is leaking before I tear into it?Noticed it yesterday while bleeding my air tanks down, the tire was wet in spots and it looked like it slung it on the tire while rolling.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's gear oil its going to be wheel seals. Study the -20 manual and do some searching on here. There are 3 parts, inner seal, outer seal and keyway seal. If you didn't already know, the bearings are packed in grease, not flooded in gear oil. Most certainly the outter seal or keyway seal has failed and flooded the bearings

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definately a seal. Wheel cylinders don't use grease.:-D Seals are cheap too. Every time I pull apart a wheel it gets new seals (3) and a wheel cylinder since I am in there and don't want to have go back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks