• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED headlamp go bikini blink

sermis

Ok I'm running military LED headlamps. I think they came from LMTV NOS but not sure. When the truck is running the drivers light goes blink, blink, blink, but the passenger side doesn't. It's only when the lights are on high. On low it doesn't blink. Turn the truck off it doesn't blink. It's only the lower half PhD the LED's. Not the top low beam.
Video won't attach.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sermis

Ok I'm running military LED headlamps. I think they came from LMTV NOS but not sure. When the truck is running the drivers light goes blink, blink, blink, but the passenger side doesn't. It's only when the lights are on high. On low it doesn't blink. Turn the truck off it doesn't blink. It's only the lower half PhD the LED's. Not the top low beam.
Video won't attach.

This is the light.

sermis

did you swap the lights to see if the problems follows the light or stays there?
Not yet and that pic is deceiving. That's on low when the lower half or out. On high the lower half are lit. They stay on but blink high and low.

Action

It doesn't blink with the motor off, because there is a loose wire. The vibration makes it wiggle. Take that light out and take apart the 3 connectors. Look inside to see if a pin is pushed to the side. Also do the inside of the hood. Make sure each pin goes into the hole.
If you put the lights in, then you may only need to check the connections you made.

mdainsd

I have had a number of those LED lights that did the blinking routine. They would do it on the workbench running off of a power supply.

I like the light they put out, BUT those lights, like the pushbutton light switch are failure prone.

I hope yours is just a loose wire...

nattieleather

I'm thinking it's a defective light. If you had a loose wire feeding the light the whole light would blink on and off and not just part of the light. Therefore I'm thinking it's the lamp its self.

sermis

I hope to have time today to swap them left and right and then I'll see if maybe it's the light itself or something in the wiring.

Action

I'm thinking it's a defective light. If you had a loose wire feeding the light the whole light would blink on and off and not just part of the light. Therefore I'm thinking it's the lamp its self.
Only the bottom half blinks, which is the high beam, which is one wire. There is one wire for the dim, one for bright, and one for ground....

sermis

Only the bottom half blinks, which is the high beam, which is one wire. There is one wire for the dim, one for bright, and one for ground....
The bottom half blinks like high to low but never goes completely out when it's on high beam if that makes sense?

sermis

Swapped sides and the blink blink gremlin followed the light. It's like every two to three seconds. Guessing it's the light.
Guess I'll call thier support and ask. Nothing to lose.

sermis

Well a dumb answer to your silly question, I never looked at they were voltage specific. I'll pull it and check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks