• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Headlight Recommendation(s)

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a quality LED headlight and does not need the daytime or turn signal built in. I'm not worried about splicing the wiring for Packard connections. But I would prefer not to modify the light bucket or cup.
Thank you in advance.
- HoveringHMMWV

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucklite has had problems with bad soldering inaccessible behind heavy plastic potting.

JW Speaker is the clear choice. The military ones with the correct connectors take some searching to find. If you're ok with splicing, the civvy ones are readily available, if expensive.

0546351 is the part number for the military JW Speaker

Edit to add - if you find a good source for them, please post it. I'd like to get some more for my other trucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDT

DREDnot

DSCN1153.JPG

Ive run these three lights in the M998.
I had good luck with the Trucklites but they looked to modern for my M998A0.

20191201_155752.jpg

I ended up going with the Hella E-Code H4. They use a replaceable H4 bulb that you can get in LED or Incandescent.
The E-code lens puts all the light on the road with a nice cutoff. Unlike DOT compliant lights that shine up into the trees.

DSCN1289.JPG

Gear Report

I've run a few types of headlights in HMMWVs.
My absolute least favorite where the military JW Speakers.
They put out such a tight rectangle of light that it meant zero peripheral vision at night. We have a lot of deer in my area. Such a tightly focused beam means you don't see the deer until they are in front of you. Yikes!

My favorites were the heated TruckLites. Still fairly focused, but wide enough to see what is coming at you from the sides.

But I also had great luck with a set of chinese JW copies.

More info on headlight options... https://gear-report.com/humvee-upgrade-hmmwv-led-headlights/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks