• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Replacement HMMWV Headlight Bucket Fit

Bobert

I got a set of Truck Lite LED headlights, got them installed but the 3 nuts on the back barely thread on. No room for a washer even.

Is there something I'm missing? The old buckets had plenty of thread.

20160625_165910.jpg

Last edited:

GMVguy

The rubber isolator mounts are shorter on the LED Headlights, so they are not a direct, drop-in replacement. You can remove the bezel on the old lights and unscrew the old isolator mounts & install them in the new LEDs. Or order six new ones, which I believe are 1/4".

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWV buckets have a longer stud, if it's short, they were for a different truck.
when I buy buckets I look for the longer stud....you can swap the isolator with stud though.

Bobert

That's probably what I will do, I had to cut and break couple old isolators to get them off. They are easy. Knowing what they are called is half the battle, thanks for the info!

kfrosty

I just had the same thing happen. Went to Napa got some Napa No how.

Went to Lowe's and got some parts but nothing like the isolator mount.

Searching on ebay and haven't found what came out of the M998.

Measurements out of the Hmmwv, total length 2 1/4".

Rubber bushing is 3/4" thick, 1" in width. The studs on each side are 3/4" long.

If anybody finds these, please post. (The bottom bolts on my buckets are rusted plus I don't want to waste the bucket.)

kfrosty

I found some isolators on Ebay with 1/2" studs. I'm going to try them. The seller said they could have whatever size I needed made but didn't give a price. It was $7 for 4 plus shipping.

His ebay handle is repairparts.

desmodromic

Thanks for the lead, Kfrosty. I ordered six to see how they work. If all goes well, hopefully the seller can whip up 6 more for me. This negates the "deal" I got on the LED headlights, but I will be glad to have them fit securely.

kfrosty

Thanks for the lead, Kfrosty. I ordered six to see how they work. If all goes well, hopefully the seller can whip up 6 more for me. This negates the "deal" I got on the LED headlights, but I will be glad to have them fit securely.
Glad to do it. Same here, I didn't get a deal but purchased them off ebay. When they didn't fit contacted the seller and let him know and started getting the typical I've never had a complaint and you can just swap out the buckets. I told him to just send me some of the correct buckets then or pay for the isolators if it wasn't a big deal.

Then I got a ton of excuses and how it was my fault I ordered lights he had listed for Hmmwv's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks