• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Level wind for 10k Garwood?

MDdeuce

Does anybody know if a level wind (or similar) assembly was ever made for the 10k Garwood winch used on the Deuces? I know some of the 20k winches, and most of the larger ones have them, but I’ve never seen them for the 10k ones.

The little bumper plates on the sides of the 10k winch are fairly useless and whenever I use the winch the cable all bounds up on one side and I always spend way more time fixing the bird nest than anything else. Plus I always thought the level wind looked neat.

I’ve seen a number of threads about putting a whole 20k winch on the deuce, but nothing addressing just the level wind topic.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jeepsinker

Actual pictures? Or just images from a TM (which then turned out to be from a 5-ton with the 20K Garwood + level wind) ?
(-> read that thread linked in post #2)
Actual pictures, both of one equipped on a truck and another unit mounted on what was clearly a 10k Garwood. The visual differences in the two winches are clear to the trained eye.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the M108 deuce wrecker we once had here at the pit DID NOT have the winch cable leveler , my pics won't help here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks