• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lil Ruthie gets some new shoes

readyman

Lil Ruthie traded in her traditional stylish NDT's for some REAL army boots.

After more than two unsuccessful years of looking, I still had only accumulated 6 well worn 1100 XL's.

But thanks to M1075 I was able to get the whole shebang done in one transaction. I always had planned to use that setup. Using the A3/14.5R20 rim setup in the front, but still keeping the 'trademark' duals 1100 XL's in the rear.

Berg Tire actually came thru for me this time by finding me some Michelin 14.5R20 XL's take off's 'spares' no less. Swapping tires on the A3 rims is really great, but it's too bad corrosion on that rim design is a real problem. Moisture gets trapped and just starts eating away the inside 'o' ring area... not as much planned obsolescence as bad design.

I'll get some outdoor pics at the next chance I get, but as of right now Lil Ruthie is taller than the garage door opening. Look's like it's Sawzall time!

Attachments

jasonjc

I like that look a lot. Next time get the chep HF 1" much faster and easyer. No wd needed. I real like those tire and wheels.

case-basketcase

Very impressive! My favorite tire setup for the duece yet.

One newbie question.

Do you use the original split rims on the rear duals? If so, did you change to the 1100 XLs on to the split rims yourself?

I guess thats two questions :lol: Thanks for the help.

CBC

DMgunn

Yeah, PB Blaster is great, but OOOOOOWWEEEEEEEEEEE, does it smell......

That truck looks SPECTACULAR!! The tires sit right where they should. It'll be interesting to hear a report after you drive it.

M1075

:drool: Holy cow, those tires look great on your truck! I don't think I have ever seen a better looking deuce (ring mount, winch, black grill and wheels, A3 rims, XL tires, etc. etc.) Wow! :driver: :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now to find a few -A3 wheels. I also concur that you have about the best tire/wheel package there is. Man, that is the bomb!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Simply outstanding....................... :beer:

And thanks for taking the time to take the pics and share them with us.

readyman

case-basketcase,
I was planning to use the rims off my truck as I accumulated XL's one by one. The standard M35 rims work with the Michelin 1100 XL's. But M1075's XL's were already mounted on M35 rims which saved me a lot of time and effort.
Recovery4x4, citizensoldier,
Like I told M1075 when I bought his tire setup. I'll be doing everyone on SS a favor. With my luck after we do this deal there will be pallet loads of A3 rims and XL's coming out of GL at scrap prices. Sure enough, did ya see all the M35A3's that started going on auction? Yup, it's gonna happen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to get to far off topic here with your new skins, which I am seeking, another miracle spray is Heat Valve Lube available from Generous Motors and Mopar. I think Lanty will back me up on this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks