• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Little help with some numbers, please!

jimm1009

The number on the bumper is the turn in document line item number that was your truck. You can confirm this by the turn in paperwork if they left a clpy in the truck as they are supposed to.
I am speculating on the hodd but the date is more than likely the date of turn in to DRMO.
I can aks when I go make a pick up next week but perhaps someone else here knows or perhaps post this on the GL area that they watch.
jimm1009

Kenny714

Expired??? ****, now I gotta get rid of it!:lol:

I bought the deuce off a friend who took care of all the SF97/title stuff so I didn't get any paperwork on it, other than the new title. I kind of figured it was some kind of inventory number or something like that. Just curious to see if someone knows what it all stands for.
Thanks for your time.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the date on the hood is the date DRMO received the truck, they then have to hold it one year to see if any gov. agencies want it if at the end of one year no agency wants it, it goes up for sale. I asked a GL guy about and that was his explanation.
James

Wolf.Dose

The first pic shows the number it was made absolute for the former unit or decided not to be repairable any more and handed over to DRMO. The second pic shows the number which lists the truck in the sales lists to find it. (All this was said beforehand.)
Without form 97 the truck is just a pile of iron, depending on your athorities. Titles will not be handed over or issued except for civilian vehicles in military use (for they come with a certificate of origin to the Army), except for vehicles issued after 1980 to the Army. For anything else before 1980 to get a form 97 is a lucky issue. The only change in some states is a vintage car registration.
For my M101 A1 I also had no form 97 for it went surplus in 1985, when the form 97 did not exist. However, I got it road registered without big discusion for I had a TUEV inspection report. You can see the trailer in the pic on the left. The truck I registered in 1982. Form 97 was a part of the unknown future!
Wolf

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Second picture 7207-3004 is 207th day of 2007 as the date the turn in document from the unit was prepared. 3004 means it was their 4 action for this day dealing with equipment/property.

From what I can see it came from the 29th Aviation or the 29th Infantry Division Virginia Army National Guard.

Kenny714

Thank you all!:mrgreen: Carnac, this is what you got for me a year or so ago off my data plates on the dash.

Originally Posted by Kenny714
My numbers are: MFR# 0225-25924 SER# 4M-3914

Any way I can prove the year with these numbers?

This is what I can tell you about your truck. One option would be to do a freedom of information act on the truck to the Maryland National Guard.

Organization: HHC, COMBAT AVIATION BRIGADE, 29TH INFANTRY DIVISION
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:22525924 Registration Number:4M3914 Year of Mfg:1968
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 3508

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks