• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Bows and Tarp kits?

BubbleHead

Hey everyone! Great site, really excited to be here. Does anyone know if the bows and tarp are available? I've seen a few nonrunners for sale with them...

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I have seen the complete kits in DLA inventory, but have never seen a complete up for sale either @ auction or anywhere else! Good luck finding a kit, there probably is someone out there with one stashed in their garage. There is a large tent retailer on the east coast who has just used covers, pm me & see if
i can jog my memory!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been a few new and used kits for sale both on here and through eBay. Just keep checking and I'm sure you will find what you want sooner or later.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, they are out there. A couple years ago I won about 4 of them from GL. Post a wanted ad and maybe someone will contact you.

JonMolander

Hey everyone! Great site, really excited to be here. Does anyone know if the bows and tarp are available? I've seen a few nonrunners for sale with them...
gimpyrobb was right! I was searching for a wanted ad just like this! I have the tarp and rack you're looking for. 3 color camo. No rips/tears. No missing pieces. Eastern has them for $1300 (tarp only). I can do way better than that!

I would REALLY like to trade for a vinyl M35 tarp, but will settle for cash. Located in ND. PM me if interested.

20141217_133448.jpg20141222_135316.jpg20141222_135308.jpg

gimpyrobb

I don't think you have a correct tarp then. It looks to me like the only difference is the amount of axles, the bed(12ish foot) should be the same unless you have an XLWB, then its like 20ft bed.

I use an LMTV cargo cover on my deuce and its just a tad longer than my 12ft bed.

JonMolander

The rack isn't symmetrical either. The middle post isn't exactly in the middle. One section is 8ft, the other is 5.5ft IIRC. It's weird, I know. But I don't have an LMTV to try it out on.

gimpyrobb

Is the rack in your pics held together with straps or spring clips? The covers I have came with racks held together with straps, but I found a rack that I am getting ready to fit to my deuce, that is held together with spring clips.

MUCH easier to put together!

JonMolander

Spring clips. There are straps at the bottom, which I assume are to hold it in place on the truck.

So do you now think it is a correct tarp? I would consider 13.5ft a tad longer than 12 ft.

JonMolander

Gotcha. Yeah, I saw that thread too. Was interested in doing the same modification myself, but I'd rather seek out a vinyl deuce tarp instead. Still looking for a taker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks