• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lmtv door rods and actuator question

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

So I am working on a truck for a buddy that came with totally stripped out doors--- as in nothing at all. I got some of the door parts coming thanks to Supraman, but I still have some things I need to sort out.

First off, does anyone have door rods that they can measure and post pics of--- I need the measurements for all three that are in each door (or if someone has extras, I want to buy them).

Secondly, regarding the inner door actuator (not the handle but the actual splined mechanism that mounts on the inside of the door, that the interior door handle attaches to: when you actuate it, is the rod pushing or pulling the door latch assembly. Also, has anyone found a good universal replacement for those? (also want to buy if anyone has them)

Z

coachgeo

IMHO.... just go to a UPull it places that has some commercial trucks. and or trucks and vans ........ pick what you like for a pair of door handles from one of them..... and take all the lock mechanical's out.... as well as the parts off the side of the door jam that the lock mechanism grabs...... and graft it into the truck. Unless of course he is going for Military restoration.

Overall this will be just as hard of work as re-installing the crappy OEM...... anyway.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already had that discussion--- he wants it all original military------ the compromise may have to be the inner door actuator mechanism........

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks