• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV/FMTV - Complete Searchable List of All TM's with Links to All PDF Manuals

dronsen

Hey there-

Maybe I've not been looking in the right places, but I wasn't able to find a complete list of all TM's that was searchable, or a single, truly complete source of all manuals...So I created them.

Here: http://ronsen.us/2c4NnRj is a link to:

1. A searchable spreadsheet with all TM's listed by Number, Title and Reference. Click any Number or Title to link to the online PDF version of that TM

2. An online folder with all LMTV (M1078 Technical Manuals

3. An online folder with all MTV (M1083) Technical Manuals

Feel free to share, download, etc. Please let me know if you find any errors - I'll update docs if you do.

Hope this helps someone.

I would post under TM's but I can't - if anyone can, please feel free.

Cheers

Last edited:

PanamaMV

Spread sheet is a great help.

Some PDF readers have a searchable feature that is compatible with the PDF files. Not sure how/why it worked out as it did but when opened mine after downloading with my Linux PDF reader it automatically created search feature AND, go to page links on all the Content and Index pages. etc. Not sure if that is a Linux thing or if it is built into the military pdf files orrr??

A moderator can move this message to TM's. Hopefully, they will do it with permanent automatic link back then sticky that in this forum. That way lazy folk like me will enjoy the option to open two windows from the start. Otherwise, you gotta:

.leave FMTV forum to go to TM forum..... open it
. scroll thru (or search) all the TM's to find the right thread
. open needed thread and it's links
. then open another SSoldiers in a different window in order too...
. go again to FMTV forum
. and again open the thread you left to compare/analyze info there with info in TM
... whew

Last edited:

dronsen

Jammyhl-

Just a quick head's up - NO A1 manuals were ever printed (to PDF) - they are only available through special govt diagnostic software that requires secure access, etc. Nobody that I am aware of has printed to PDF and made available. It is one of my priorities to do so. In the meantime, all TM's on my site are for A0 models - there are very few differences, and most of those probably won't affect what you're doing (ie engine changed from 3116 to 3126, headlight switch style changed, etc.) - most you'll read about here. SS is a great resource (and also chock full of BS) - you'll get to know who vomits opinions (stated as fact) and who's got the real world experience fast. Regarding TM's - you'll most likely want to familiarize yourself with -10 (operators manual and troubleshooting) and -24P (parts diagrams) first. Welcome aboard - what are you going to do with yours?

Jammyhl

We want to take a 6x6 on an overland trip round Europe then onto the Silk Road, basically to let my 2 year old (who will be 5 then) live the history, culture, geography , philosophy etc. After that could be US, Oz or head to my wife's home town be Cape Town. Got a builder lined up in Germany. We were considering MAN Kat A1's or MAN TGS but we recently stumbled on the S&S as a potential chassis. Just looking at viability of parts outside US. Would definitely want to do the faster gears mod. Keen to look at diff lockers too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks